YAN! MEDKIT - ONE MORE CHANCE !

medkit stares down at his endless paperwork almost violently, as if he wants to explode the accursed papers with his mind. he's pretty damn sure it would take him- like- at least three hours to finish the rest, given his current work ethic (he can't focus when all he's doing is thinking of subspace), and oh SFOTH does he really not want to continue mindlessly signing the same swirly MK at the moment. right when he's ready to call the day quits, his phone beeps. it's... a twitter notification?

he swivels over to the electronic, snatching it up from the desk and staring at it.

"Happy Valentine's Day, phans of Phighting! As a gift, we've made a little something behind the scenes to get you all hyped up for the next Phestival- none other than a visual novel!" he mumbles to himself. he didn't know something was being made for valentine's day- he planned to spend it sneering at couples and wishing the happy duo were him and subspace, especially annoyed to see the relationships between phighters. they'd probably be so lovey-dovey, it makes him sick to think of it. he scrolls down to read more.

"Play the official Phighting! dating simulator, today!" medkit is appalled. at the bottom of the twitter post is a link and an image featuring all of the phighters. they all have some semblance of a valentine's gift, hyperlaser and katana sharing drinks, sword and rocket eating chocolates, scythe getting vine staff flowers and her funnily rejecting her, much of that nature shoved into the image. he immediately scanned for subspace, eye fixated onto the post as he squinted to find the inventor. there. subspace clinging onto medkit with a heartshaped box of chocolates, squeezing his shoulder. subspace seemed desperate, eye shut and all over the doctor, who was looking away with a tint of teal blush on his face, both their horns tinted the other's respected colors. holy shit. he's never screenshotted something quicker in his life, cropping it to just the two enemies. he smiles softly, just taking a moment to admire the artwork of the two, as if none of the other phighters were present. eventually, curiosity piqued his interest. what was that dating simulator? he clicks the link and it sends him to a website.

"Enter your name."

medkit types in his name. medkit.

"That is an already existing phighter."

he curses. meddy, then.

"That is a phighter's nickname."

he curses again, with more force. he tries something stupid... healthpack.

"What does your gear do?"

three options display. melee, ranged, support. he picks support.

"All righty... now... GET EM!"

'healthpack' is thrusted into the middle of a phight. the dialogue describing his actions is vague (but the gear he has heals, odd for the database to assume all supports heal), probably because the player can have any gear they want, and it describes three phighters, all in need of healing.

> Who should you heal?

BIOGRAFTSUBSPACEVINE STAFF

well, it's obvious. subspace. a million times subspace.

You run over to Subspace; who's throwing tripmines onto the capture point from a safe distance. His eyes light up at your presence!

[SUBSPACE]: Why, thank you, Healthpack!! At least someone on this team can do their job!
[HEALTHPACK]: Doing what I do best!

medkit cringes at the annoying, long name.

The two supports barely have a moment to think before they're pelted with a scattershot- pellets fly everywhere, and there's a cyan cat with a smirk on his face above the two!