11• Padrino

Agastya pov :

The anniversary party turned out to be one of the best days for Deewan's after all it's been years since their family experienced something so blissful.
After Mr. Deewan's death, their life had come to a standstill.
I was happy for them but I felt more merry seeing Varnika truly joyful.

Not only that but something was odd at the party. I observed it a few times.
First I decided to discuss it with Varnika but seeing her happily for a while made me rethink my thoughts.
That's why I didn't discuss it with her.
Curiosity filled my veins the moment I saw that anxiety, fear and wrath in Varnika's eyes. She wanted to say something but she didn't.
The moment she asked about Suryansh, my eyes were stuck on that man and what I saw already boiled my blood.

Adhira and suryansh were talking about something, I saw both of them and my jaw clenched, rage ran through my blood and my arms were already ready. I wanted to know but what was more important is, why Varnika was suddenly behaving like that?
I entered the room and saw Adhira already waiting for me.

"What happened?", a question uttered from my mouth while thousands of thoughts were already running inside my brain.
I removed my blazer and saw her, I see she's hesitating but don't know why.
"Bhai, I want to talk to you about something", her voice was low and flat I could barely hear it.
My mind was already occupied for several moments and right now I wanted to clarify that.

"Not now Adhira. Please. We'll talk about it later Until or unless it's not about your respect, pride or dignity".

"Okay Bhai", she hummed and hugged me.

"You're okay right?", I patted her head and cupped her cheeks.

"Yeah, I am fine. No problem, we'll talk later", she assured me while I nodded.

She wished me a good night and walked out of the room.
I think Adhira wanted to talk about Suryansh therefore I delayed the talk for later. At this very point, I want to look for another datum. I decided to make a black coffee for myself because nothing was working.

Whenever I tried to focus on something, Varnika's face appeared in front of my eyes. That trepidation, anxiety, fear. She's not a woman who gets scared of anyone. What was Varnika thinking?

Why were her eyes filled with fear and wrath so suddenly?
Did she want to tell me anything?
What did she want to discuss?
Did something happen?
Why was Adhira talking to Suryansh?
What were they possibly talking about?

I finished my coffee and decided to sleep, though the thoughts kept wandering in my mind.

Next day, In the office.

I reached my office after checking the work and stuff, I opened the door for my secret room.
The room which holds all the bloody secrets, the room which is filled with secrets and information about everyone all over the world, the room which works just with one tap of my phone.

All fucking technology and all the hackers whom I pay an amount for which people would kill, loyal hackers and my man on whom I invested months to train.

The room is just attached to my cabin, I ordered to construct it in such a way that only I get access to it and the people I allow. To get there, one has to pass the security check and have the card I made.

I made a call to one of my men to clear something about yesterday's function.
Within one ring, he picked the call.
"I want all the guest list of functions held yesterday at Deewan's Mansion", I got straight to the point. Since that's what is required.
No bullshit. No fucking formalities.
Just 2 things-
Work and work.