22• Walkin Hell

Varnika's POV

I was in my room along with Ishita, my employee. She wanted to discuss something regarding our restaurant designing project that's why she came to talk.

"Just mail me the dat-", before I could say it the door started banging. So hard that it might break.
I went to open the door and saw Agastya entering full of wrath and worry.

He was not at all normal, he always stays clean with that perfectly ironed shirt and pants, hair magnificently done but right now he is all messed up. Hair was messy which shows the rage and tension, he was wearing a sky blue shirt with white pants.

"Ishita, leave", he ordered Ishita.
Why is he so arrogant?
Can't he behave normal?

"Hey, stop talking to -", he cut me off with a deadly glare.
This is the second time he's talking to someone with that tone. First was Rohan.
Ishita didn't wait for a single second but left.

"What the fuck is your problem", I shouted enough loud to make him remember in front of whom he's standing.

"There's an emergency in Delhi", he said and my words froze in my mouth.
Emergency?
Has something happened to his family?
His office?

"What happened?".

"Don't panic", he took a deep breath and added "There's a bomb blast in Lutyens' Delhi", his words felt like another bomb dropped right on me.
I broke off listening to the news, and the ground slipped under my feet. My heart already stopped working. All the anxiety and trepidation travelled through each and every part of my body.
"What?"
"When?"
"The security?"
"My home"
"Family",
Mom, bhai, bhabhi, my little angel.
What if something happened to them?
His family?
His parents, cousins....
Fuck fuck fuck.
Why did I even come to Kasauli.

"Varnika-Varnika, don't panic, our families are safe, the place was a little far from both of our homes", he wrapped me into his arms which were long and strong enough to make me feel like I'm in the giant bed.
But that doesn't help to reduce my anxiety in fact every second it keeps on increasing.

Listening to his words,
Our families are safe.
I felt a little relief.
He arms were still around asking me to gather all my strength and courage to face the consequences.
Realisation hit me and I broke the hug.
"I need to leave for Delhi", I started taking out my luggage and packing everything but his hand held my wrist and stopped me.

What the hell is he doing?

"We can't go right now, I called my team and they're taking care", he assured me but it didn't help.

I want to go and I'll go.

"But-".
Before I could complete it, Agastya's incoming stopped me.
He picked the call.
"Yeah do it", he said on something I don't know.
He just spoke those 3 words and hung the call.
"What did you say?", I questioned.
"I told you before that I'm commanding my team to install a jammer in kasauli, they called me for the final approval",his voice was so deep and low that it was unusual to recognise it.
His hand was still holding my wrist while rage kept traveling my veins.

"Leave my hand, I need to talk to my family, tell your team to not install that jammer", I commanded.

"Try to understand, don't act like a child", he held me by my shoulders.

"Are you fucking serious, there's a blast in the area where we both live and you're convincing me to not go back", I broke of.

If he wanted to stay here it's his Choice, but I'll go no matter what.