Oye baby!

"JUST STOP TAKING YOU MAKE NO SENSE!"

"I TOLD YOU I'LL PLAY AND THAT'S FINAL!"

"YOU WILL NEVER LISTEN WILL YOU?"

"I'm gonna play"

"DO WHATEVER THE HECK YOU WANT!"

The slamming of the door sent chills down Virat's spine. He has seen his boyfriend angry but today the scenes were different. AB was mad. Perhaps he has caused the storm in AB that paved way to his lash out. But there's no backing out once Virat has decided something and the same applies today. He would play even with a split webbing on his hand, even with a hell lot of pain. He would do it for his team and his supporters. 

'I'll make sure to make you proud by the end of the day...but till then sorry my love...I got to do it for our team'  

It wasn't an easy task for him to take in what just happened. He tried to hold back the tears that were forming in his eyes, threatening to fall anytime. The mere thought of AB being mad or disappointed at him pushed Virat to the edge of tears. This is not something he wanted when he told AB that he's going to take the field that day. The horrible way his skin has ripped did not give AB an option of letting him play. It only started to heat up more and more as both of them did not seem to step down from their stand.

'I'm gonna play...no matter what. He'll support me silently...B won't let me down...he'll never...he's just concerned that I'll be hurt...it's ok...we can do this...'  Virat said to himself as his voice trembled and wet tears ran across his cheeks.

His phone pinged and the screen lit up. It was as if a thunder just struck him as he began tearing up. He held his phone tightly and stared softly at his wallpaper through the blurry vision his tears caused. It was a picture of himself and AB settled comfortably in a couch with his legs stretched over Virat's lap, as he read a book and Virat gazing at him with pure affection. It was perfect.

'This idiot would never not love me'  Amid the chaos in his mind, his lips broke out into a beautiful smile as he recalled the memories of that day. 

He unlocked his mobile to check the message he has received.

9 unread messages and still typing. 

'Come down now. It's getting late we're supposed to leave for the stadium in 15 minutes.'

'Where are you?'

'Crying??'

'Get your *** down dumbo'

'IT'S GETTING LATE'

'HURRY UP'

'EVERYONE'S LOOKING FOR THE CAPTAIN'

'VIRAT PREM KOHLI'

'F U'

Just a few moments back he was feeling gloomy  but now his face brightened up and his eyes gleamed as if it holds the entire universe. He was laughing like an absolute idiot who's so in love. He got up, took his backpack and stepped out of the room still looking at the very beautiful messages his boyfriend has just sent him. He was so indulged in reading it over and over. He could imagine AB shouting and urging him to be quick. 

'omw'

He just typed back a reply and walked down to the bus that was waiting for him. And obviously he sat next to AB who was listening to some music with his airpods on. AB just threw him a little glance and went back to staring outside the window. Throughout the journey they sat in silence minding their own business. But the silence was not awkward, they felt connected somehow, not physically but through something that made them feel their  longingness for each other.