I Hate you...but no...wait! -1

A/N: This is a requested shot by @Gunjan__1309! I hope you'll like it. Thank you for the request :) 

I'm trying to shorten up the chapter but somehow I always end up writing atleast 3200 words. It will be long like really long overall...I always wanted to write something on their initial days...So it will be atleast 3 chapters!

Please VOTE and COMMENT if you enjoy it!! The responses are really minimal...I don't know if you guys find it interesting or not. So please do respond...I would love to know your opinion!🫶🏻

Also please suggest a friend character for Virat from ICT!

Show some love to 'Safe Haven -2' chapter too...😅

"RCB sign South African star AB de Villiers at a price of 11 Crore INR!"

"What's the hype about him?" Virat asked himself as he read the article title. 

The Indian Cricket team are currently in South Africa for the series that would last for almost 40 days. It's their 24th day there and every time he went out to a restaurant or simply for a walk he somehow managed to see a lot of posters being held out for AB de Villiers, he had heard people talk so high of him stating how good of a person and a player he is.

Even in the team meetings, his captain and the couches would lay out an entire plan just to get the guy out. He was tired of hearing people hyping him up.

"He must be great!" Virat exclaimed sarcastically and totally annoyed. He opened his Instagram to scroll through some reels in a hope to get 'that person's' thought out of his mind.

"What?! Why is he everywhere?" 

'AB de Villiers to play for RCB!'

'Royal Challengers Bangalore has a new Challenger - AB de Villiers!'

"AB! AB! AB! Everywhere! Damn it" Virat was frustrated as he simply turned off his mobile and threw it somewhere on his bed. It's been 3 days since the auction and AB still hasn't officially signed the contract. But all he has seen for the last 72 hours was AB de Villiers.

-----------On the other side-----------

"Congrats B!!!" Faf came rushing into AB's room with his arms wide open to embrace his friend after getting to know that he's picked up by RCB.

"Thanks mate" AB said while hugging back Faf.

"It must be great there! You'll enjoy it for sure." 

"Oh I hope it goes well, really"

"And Virat is there too!" Faf said excitedly as he pulled back from the hug while keeping his eyes fixed on AB.

"That brat? What are you getting excited for?" AB threw his best friend a glare. Faf had just met Virat a few days back while their teams where practicing together and since then for some reason he has been teasing AB non-stop, telling him how amazing of an pair they both would make together. 

"He's funny though" He said shrugging his shoulders lazily. 

"....and I can say you'll really love him" Faf continued as his eyes held a glint of never ending mischief. AB only smacked at Faf's arms and simply threw him a warning look. 

"I mean...perhaps you'll love his personality or his game or-" Faf was enjoying it a little too much.

"SHUT UP STUPID" 

------------------------------------

12 January 2011

It was match day. The first ODI match of the tour.