chapter 8 : Realisation

“No, It's alright, I will take this.” You smiled, taking the clothes from Mrs. Bianchi. The old lady gave you a wrinkled smile. “Thankyou princess, You are the sweetest person I have met.” Her vintage voice cracked and a shy page covered your eyes and you drifted them down. Mrs. Bianchi—Lucia’s mother—Head maid of the mansion, you always looked up at her with respect, she was so nice and carrying more on, loyal.
“Let me carry this for you, your highness.” Robert spoke bowing and you tried to refuse. Robert was always humble to you, He would never let you do any work here. “Let him, princess. Some of those clothes belong to lady Hwang.” You nodded at Mrs. Bianchi’s statement. “I'm sorry Mrs Bianchi, but I won't let you walk all two floors to hand these clothes to her. Your knees are already weak, let me hand it to her room.”

“And more on, she is my mother-in-law. My parents always taught me to behave well, Taking care of her is my responsibility.” Mrs. Bianchi knew how mannered princess you were with those principles of yours. “Then let me carry half of them,Your highness.” You nodded and handed him your clothes with Seongjin’s, smelling so fresh with the scent of tangerines in the air. “Can you keep this in my room? I will head to Lady Hwang’s room.”
“And what about young master’s clothes?”
“Uh.. Don't worry, I will hand it to him myself.”  Robert bowed to you before walking to the first floor while you head on 2nd.

2nd floor-Lady Hwang’s room.
The coldness lingers around with Seongjin huffing in frustration.
“Who would do this to you, mother..”  He gripped his short black hair with a groan. His gaze drifted to Lady Hwang’s pale face, those dead frozen eyes. Seeing her on the bed for a week now, made him sick to his stomach. Lucia cleaned Lady’s face with a wet cloth silently sensing the tension and anger growing in the room. The whole mansion was going through this tension ever since Lady Hwang got paralyzed.
“Mother, I'm gonna find it out.” He gritted his teeth and held his mother’s hand. Her pale thin fingers managed to hold him. “I can't sit here when you are lying on a dead bed all of sudden.”  He rested his forehead on her knuckles, Lucia stood aside not disturbing them. 

“H-He…is..taking..r-revn..” Lady Hwang tried to speak as Seongjin quickly tightened his grip and looked at her with his pleading eyes. “Water.” He pointed at Lucia and she quickly poured some for the lady. Seongjin made the lady sit and helped her drink water. “He..is taking revenge..” She spoke hurriedly. She was scared. “I'm going to die…he will kill me..” Lucia and Seongjin exchanged a look of confusion. “Mother, You need to res–”
“Hyunjin…its hyunjin.” She spoke, gripping his hand. Seongjin frowned. “Mother, he cannot do this..he..he…how can he? He is a fucking sick head.” His mother shook her barely moving head. “Adele…he is taking revenge…for Adele.”

****

“Adele?..” You muttered to yourself and then tried to peek inside the gap again. Yes, you did listen to the whole conversation. You could see Lucia gazing at seongjin while Lady Hwang was speaking. “This bitch, is she checking him out??” You clenched your fist holding those clothes. “Come on, stop staring, he is my man.” You rolled your eyes, you felt the rushing heat in your fist the sudden urge to grab the sword and slash her into two. Yet you wanted to listen to the conversation and a lot of questions were dancing in your head.

“What are you doing ?” A firm voice makes you flinch as you quickly step back and turn to face Lord Hwang. “I-I..I uh..” Your heart raced when he crossed his arms and squinted his eyes looking down at you—Those both kids surely got his sexy genes. Your eyes suddenly drifted to the clothes in your hand. “Ahhh, right, clothes, I wanted to give it to Lady Hwang.”  You tried hard not to shuttered, his broad chest moved with a sigh and his hands dropped to his sides. “I thought you were spying in your own house.” His sarcastic tone made you frown as you opened your mouth to answer back but he moved forward with you taking  a step back—why did you?-because he reminded you of the day Hyunjin acted all manly revealing his adult side.