Chapter 16: The whispers

"Call for the doctor someone!!" Seongjin yells while holding Lady Hwang's paralyzed body. "Wei, don't stand still, bring some water, please." Your eyes glisten seeing the chaos around midnight. "WEI!!" His raise in voice made you snap back to reality. "Oh-ah yeah." You tear your eyes apart from lady Hwang as she continues to cough blood. Your trembling feet step back and rushes downstairs.

Getting the water in the mug you ran back to the top floor. You saw maids running around getting things seongjin needed. Everyone was in panic mode. "Please try to understand, she needs proper treatment. Let me take her to the hospital." You heard seongjin and walked inside only to see Hyunjin hanging there, arms folded, plastering a cruel smile on his face.

"No one will go to hospital, it's around midnight, the gate won't be open for anyone after 10 pm, rule is rule." Hyunjin stated the old law followed for generations to generations. His eyes cut through your and you froze in your place. "Oh, my precious birdy is here too. I wondered where you were at this hour, I thought you were curious to open those wedding gifts rather than being here."

A shiver ran down your spine, did he know about those letters? "W-water.... please." Lady Hwang managed to speak as you ignored Hyunjin and rushed to her, pressing the glass to her lips while her head was on seongjin's lap. "Let us take her to hospital please." Seongjin pleaded, holding his mother.

"No one will be going out at this hour, and no one will come into the mansion, get back to sleep. She isn't dying, mother has a long way to go." He pulls a poker face, fixing his silver shawl on his naked torso. "If anyone dares to break the law, I will make sure to turn this mansion into a massacre."

The maid there gasped, lowering their head when they met with his fiery eyes. "Wei, get back to the room." You glanced at Lady Hwang and squeezed her hand slightly. "I'm sorry." You whispered this to her and looked up at seongjin, his cold gaze drifting away as a sigh escaped your mouth and you turned around following Hyunjin out. 

                                                                      ****

"Mamma...." The blonde kid cried, clutching to his mother's hand. "Hospital please." He pleads to his father. "Adele..." The lord was in shock seeing his wife coughing blood all over the sheets. "Father...please.." Hyunjin pleaded, tearing up, his heart crushed seeing his lovely mother lying helplessly.

"It's almost 1 am lord." Elora spoke, holding her son close to her. The lord gripped his silver shawl, his naked skin underneath got tensed as he closed his eyes. "I'm sorry, Adele." Lord spoke through his grief; he didn't want to break the rule of the kingdom. "Father, please." Hyunjin joined his palm together in a pleading way begging his father to take Adele to the hospital.

"It's all your fault, nothing good has happened ever since you were born." Elora spoke, hiding the smirk. "No one asked you Ellora." Hyunjin spoke, gritting his teeth together. "She is your stepmother hyunjin, Stay in your limits." Lord's voice was stern and so the kid was aggressive and stubborn. "And your sister-in-law, father, did you stay within your limits?" He looked at the lord with hatred as the lord got up clenching his fist.

"Adele." Hyunjin's mother was suffering, her eyes were spitting tears and mouth was spitting blood. She kept holding Hyunjin's hand knowing this is the last time she would be seeing her son. "I'm sorry mamma." The kid spoke breaking down and everyone else stayed watching the drama. "I will take everything back mamma.i promise." He whispered to his mother.