Chapter 4: I'm never going back

Since it was a Saturday, William silenced his phone after hanging up on Henry and went back to sleep.
Two hours later he was startled awake by Jennifer's loud cheerful chatter.
"Happy 16th Birthday Willy Love!!" Jennifer cheered.
"Oh hello mum!!" William chuckled, sitting up.
"Your face is flushed pink, are you alright my love??" Jennifer asked.
"Henry video called and it became a bit awkward" William sighed.
"How so dear, want to talk about it?" Jennifer asked.
"After he wished me happy birthday, we randomly started talking about alpha's and omega's, and he doesn't take his rut suppressants" William said.
"Oh my that's pretty irresponsible and he turns 18 at the end of the year" Jennifer said.
"Yeah, it seems like he changed a lot and not just on the outside, I'm honestly a little scared of him now" William sighed.
"Alpha's develop faster than omega's and become more primal early on. Just because some of them mate and breed omega's on instinct, doesn't make their sexual assault excusable. Be careful Willy, once an alpha mates, breeds, knots, and impregnates you with their litter of kittens they'll latch onto you forever if they're your permanent mate" Jennifer cautioned.
"So we don't get to choose our mates?" William asked with furrowed brows.
"Unfortunately not..pheromones, fate, and fertility decide for us. The best you can do is keep taking heat suppressants, put up a physical fight, and carry a weapon or multiple" Jennifer sighed.
"Whatever happens I'll stay aware and keep taking my suppressants, it's a shame Henry is so weird and off putting now. I don't reckon I want to speak to him ever again" William sighed.
"I'm sorry about Henry dear, he used to be such a lovely little sweetie pie" Jennifer sighed.
"He was like a quiet comforting huggable teddy bear full of love and now he seems like a feral predatory grizzly bear full of lust just waiting to pounce and claim what he thinks is his" William sighed.
"That's a terrifying transition, if you block him at least he's not local and he can't smell you from anywhere unless he's already mated and impregnated you" Jennifer said.
"Eww no thank you!! I'm not letting any alpha's near me or carrying their kittens..let alone Henry's!!" William shuddered.
"That's the spirit Willy, you're safe for life as long as you don't go back to Utah" Jennifer said.
"I suppose I'm never going back in that case" William said.

Time skip

2024 present year
William finished 4 years of uni with a degree in robotic programming and engineering.
Vincent was in federal prison for tax evasion and unpaid debt and Jennifer passed away from covid despite being healthy and just shy of 40 years old.
He struggled mentally, emotionally, and financially for years and recently celebrated another birthday alone, angry, and bitter.
He had no one except for Henry had he not blocked him 5 years ago and moved on.
He was drunk almost 24/7 for the past 3 years and never drove because of it.
He wobbled around and relied on public buses to make it to wherever he needed to go be it uni, work, the grocery store, or laundromat.
He rented a rotting cramped flat that was prone to floods and leaks because he couldn't afford to live anywhere else.
One day he applied to go back to the U.S. where he was originally born and slightly more familiar with. He earned a work visa, bought a 21 year old piece of shit car, and rented a run down studio apartment.
It wasn't ideal but it was better than his old flat back in England and being on foot.
Jack and Diane Emily would've gladly taken him in with grace and no judgment but he was too scared of Henry and didn't want to see him again.
He struggled to find a job because nationwide chain restaurants and stores didn't hire him.
A month had passed and he was still unemployed, rent was paid but his water and electricity were shut off so he was stinky and dehydrated.
He didn't want to waste anymore car gas so he walked all the way to the grocery store.
After avoiding getting ran over multiple times he finally made it to Walmart.
He grabbed two cases of bottled water, a 12 pack of shrimp ramen noodles, and an 8 pack of canned tuna.
He headed to self checkout, scanned and bagged his stuff, and took out cash only to realize the machines only took card.
"Hey buddy don't worry, I got it!!" a friendly male voice approached.
"Pardon?" William muttered turning around to face a smiling man in a work uniform.
"I said I got it buddy, don't worry" the man said, inserting his debit card into the card reader.
"Thanks mate you didn't have to, I appreciate it" William said.
"I wanted to help don't feel bad. I'm Scott, what's your name?" The man asked reaching his hand out.
"William" William said also reaching his hand out.
"Nice to meet you William, are you new here?" Scott asked shaking his hand.
"It's my first time being back here in 9 years" William said.
"Oh wow that's a long time, are you looking for a job by any chance?" Scott asked.
"Yes actually" William said.
"How'd you like to apply for Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria?? We're always hiring and the owner is a nice professional man" Scott said.
"I'd love to, where do I apply?" William asked.
"I'm on my break and can take you back with me if you'd like. You can apply and be interviewed on site" Scott said.
"I'd like that, thank you" William said.
They left Walmart and drove to Freddy's.