THE GENTLEWOMAN

this chapter is dedicated to @Evarasingh_3 and @dhoomp_2111 for being such awsome readers and for reading this book from start

"Inaya I am fine beta nothing happened it was just BP," her nanu said for the nth time "yeah, okay" Inaya replied with mot so satisfied tone "Stop worrying, see this is the reason why I was telling you not to call her Diya she just came back from ...

"Inaya I am fine beta nothing happened it was just BP," her nanu said for the nth time "yeah, okay" Inaya replied with mot so satisfied tone "Stop worrying, see this is the reason why I was telling you not to call her Diya she just came back from New York and came rushing towards the hospital on your one call, Vedansh ask her to calm down I forget to take my medicine last night and it is because of it i am completely fine" he said looking at no one particular in room. Vedansh was leaning on the door listening to the conversation going inside, Inaya almost freaked out when she received a call from Diya informing her about Nannu suddenly falling ill. Vedansh took her to the hospital which was almost 2 hours away and all the way that worried expression did not leave her face even for a second. She only calmed a little after seeing her nannu safe.

"Inaya everything is alright and sorry for troubling you" Diya spoke "Hmm, and you did not trouble me" replied Inaya. "It's late, why don't you guys stay here for today" Diya again said showing her concern about their midnight two our long journey to the palace. "It is alright Diya and we have shivrati puja at the palace tomorrow. It will be better if we leave, Nannu and you are also invited, please come," Vedansh spoke in his deep manly voice. "yeah we will surely come, '' Diya replied.

Inaya and Vedansh were standing near his car in the parking lot. He was about to step in the driver's seat when he heard a strong authoritative female voice "I will drive" It was none other than his a week less wedded wife."okay, you can" he replied "Step aside" she again said stepping toward the driver's seat. "I am opening the door for you"Vedansh replied in a calm voice, she glanced at him and said, "I have two hands and can do that for myself". A chuckle left his mouth at her savage protest "Definitely you can but I would like to do that for my wife" His reply took her off guard she was not at all expecting this. 

Vedansh made her sit in the driver's seat and went towards the passenger seat. Inaya was driving at a nice speed. She was great at driving cars and people insane. They reached the palace and did not face much traffic on their way, Vedansh was stepping out of the car when Inaya stopped him and went towards his side to open the car's door for him. Shocked would be an understatement to describe how he felt her unexpected gesture made him feel things that he did not even know he could feel. "Why this?" He asked, stepping out of the car "Because I want to do this for my husband, is it necessary that only men have to be gentle? Why can't a woman be a gentlewoman?" gosh this woman is seriously capable of giving you a heart attack. "Of course , lady, you can be whatever you want," he said with a different kind of shine lingering in his eyes.

I can't even explain what this woman is doing

I can't even explain what this woman is doing. I never thought that my wife would ever rush to open the car's door for me, it's just so unexpected for every man. She is unpredictable. We were tired after coming back, especially her, continuously travelling and then the news of her close ones being in trouble did not sit well with her. All we need now is rest as we have to wake up early for puja.

The next morning I woke up and she was nowhere to be found in the bedroom and what I saw next gave me the first shock of the day. My wife was on the balcony with the files and MacBook fully engrossed in her work. god, she is a hell of a workaholic without disturbing her I went inside the washroom to get ready for today. When I returned after dressing myself into a white kurta that had some shiny work embroidery done on it I again saw the same scene of her working without giving a damn about the world. I think she likes the balcony a lot. I notice her spending more time here than she spends in the bedroom. Paying a last glance to her I stepped out of the bedroom.

 Pandit ji had already arrived, he was setting things up for puja when he asked "Hukum puja ka wait ho gaya h" Okay, I got it " I will go and call Inaya'' my mom said and was about to go when I heard jiggling sound of payal and then I got the second shock of the day my wife was dressed up in kurti hand clad in chuda hair partisan filed with sindoor mungalsutra adoring her neck and jhumka kissing her cheeks. Magnificent. The only word that I can use to describe her, she is as beautiful as heaven. For a minute I forgot to breathe seeing her like this. Inaya was descending the stairs and I was standing at the end of the stairs seeing her dressed up like a new bride. It just didn't go well with my heart, it was beating like it would come out any second.

 One of the hardest tasks i ever did was to take my eyes off her I went towards her when she reached down "Common, Pandit Ji is waiting for us" I said and she raised her eyebrow in a questioning way "Us, why us he is waiting for me because I have to do the pooja" really, not her it's us we have to do the pooja did she forget that she is married now " not you, we have to do the puja, TOGETHER." I said in a very calm tone "And who are u to me to do puja together" Inaya's extremely cold voice reached my ears, god, she forgot "Aapne wo wala ganna nahi sunna kya" I asked "Konsa" she asked with a frustrated tone "bole chudiya bole kangana haye mai ho gaya tera sajana" I replied while looking at most attractive thing in her todays attire, wedding chuda.