THE HAZARD

My gaze went to the lady standing at the door, her eyes filled with tears ready to roll down her cheeks at any movement now

My gaze went to the lady standing at the door, her eyes filled with tears ready to roll down her cheeks at any movement now. I will never blame her for this nannu and I am all she has and she can't afford to lose any of us. "Diya, see I am all fine nothing happened to me it is just a small injury it will be fine soon" My words were doing nothing to her she came towards me and caged me in a bone-crushing hug and finally her eyes started to shade tears. Without saying anything to her I kept being in a hug "What if something big had happened, please take care of yourself hukum" she said with a cracking voice and continued to cry. 

After almost ten minutes she started to calm down and I finally asked her what is she doing over here "I came here to get this project sealed with your signature, new york clients were urgently asking for this as soon as I came inside I did not find anyone and later came to know everyone rushed towards guest room through a servant on the way I saw doctor leaving the palace I hurried and when saw this all " She explained all and I kept hearing her. "I think we should leave Inaya needs to rest," Dad said and everyone agreed with him. All the people started to leave the room after telling me to take care and Mom looked towards him telling him to help me with things through her eyes and he just nodded his head understanding it. 

Diya left after patting my head and hugging me. He came towards me and scooted close to me "Hey... wait what are you doing? " I asked and he raised his eyebrow I too asked my eyebrow asking him "You can not walk I am taking you to our bedroom," he said in a calm tone "Wait I can manage myself," I said and tried to get down from bed but he held my hand and stopped me "I know you can manage it all but let me help you," he said directly looking into my eyes and creating a havoc inside me. "leave my hand let me get down" he left my hand but said " let me pick you up" for a second I snapped my head toward him "no, I am heavy I can manage by my own," I said not agreeing with his insisting "yeah, you are as heavy as the butterfly," he said in no kidding tone surprisingly he said this in his serious tone not even having a slight of sarcasm.

 "Let me pick you up" I heard him saying but my mind was lost in his deep voice that I forgot to reply and he picked me up so smoothly like my weight meant nothing to him. My hand gently tucked towards the front pocket of his shirt he swiftly took me towards our bedroom and placed me gently on the bed.

Vedansh placed her on the bed and moved out of the room to call a house help and ask him to bring dinner as Inaya had a serious injury so she could have food in the room itself

Vedansh placed her on the bed and moved out of the room to call a house help and ask him to bring dinner as Inaya had a serious injury so she could have food in the room itself. Only in conditions like this and after the permission of the king can anyone break the rule of dining. After a few minutes again the same house walked with a trolley having dinner nicely placed on it. Vedansh stopped him at the door and rolled the trolley inside the bedroom by himself. "Inaya have your food so I can give you painkillers," he said and placed the dinner in front of her. She did not have a habit of eating dinner and hesitated for a few minutes before making a morsel for herself. She ate very little which was noticed by Vedansh but he chose to remain quiet, understanding that Inaya was not in the mood to eat more. 

He gave her medicine once she was done with food and went to change his clothes inside the closet. Vedansh returned after 5 minutes and handed Inaya her night clothes. He noticed that she was also in work clothes before going to the closet "You can change here and I will go outside" he said and moved out of the bedroom. Vedansh was heading downstairs when his eyes went to the guest room door. It was having a few blood stains which could be from Inaya's injury. He decides to ask a house help to clean it.

After having dinner with everyone Prateek decides to have a check on her bhabhi sa. He headed to the floor of Vedansh and knocked on the door. Soon he heard a faint come in. "are you fine bhabhi sa?" he asked "Yeah, I am completely fine, and thanks for asking" she replied "No need of thanks bhabhi sa" they were talking when they heard the voice of bird coming from the room balcony prateek went towards it but glanced towards Inaya before opening the glass door, as soon as he the door got opened his gaze went towards the eagle sitting on the railing of the balcony. "hazard...'' these were the words that came out of Prateek's mouth after looking at the creature sitting there with pride, his glass eyes shining in the darkness, his feathers and appearance can only be described by strong adjectives. 

"Is this bird known to you Prateek?" asked Inaya her focus was all on the eagle. "ji bhabhi sa.... bhai sa once found it injured in the palace garden and treated it till it was all healthy he named it hazard. After Hazard was all healthy he ordered to free him but it kept coming back to the palace" he answered. Inaya kept looking towards the hazard and single-handedly came towards her. Soon he flew inside the bedroom and sat near her feet. Inaya gently touched its feather and said ''parainde kabhi kabhi apna garh kabhi wapas na jane ke liye chora karte h...."