THE RAGE

Without thinking much I ran out of the hall toward Vedansh's direction

Without thinking much I ran out of the hall toward Vedansh's direction. My heart felt a bit peaceful seeing him, he was on a call instructing something but what caught my attention was a small red light falling at the middle of his back. I was still standing in the hall and guards were standing right few steps beside me taking a gun out from one of the guards' waistbands I ran into where Vedansh was standing, his back facing me taking position a step far from him my hands pulled the trigger and bullet was fired at the top of the hall, there must be terrace I guess.

 The attacker left the sniper as the bullet pierced his elbow and that was what was my exact intention, I did not fix my aim towards his head, heart, or face anywhere where there was more threat. I just wanted to injure him for now. The sound of bullets grabbed the guard's and security's attention. Vedansh hurriedly turned and was shocked enough to react. The speakers were at high volume inside the hall so the sound must have been missed. The security team ran up to the terrace to grab the assassin. "Are you okay? Did something happen to you?" I asked Vedansh and he kept looking toward me. "Yeah I am fine, Are you injured somewhere?" he replied with concern dripping from his voice. 

I nodded my head confirming I was all fine. "how did you notice this?" vanish asked "When you left to receive the call I just found the call at that movement too odd, and concluded that it must be from someone very important or maybe about some important business deal, I felt like it was from Arun so I tried to find him and saw him searching for something then I got to know his phone was missing which clear my assumptions someone must have stolen it, called you and change their voice to talk to you like Arun. They knew you could not attain a call inside the hall because of the loud music volume so You will definitely come out over here to attain the call and then this attack was all planned. I am sure that it's more. We have to be very alert. "how did that assassin even come inside the royal premises after such tight security ?'' He asked after I explained the whole incident to him. "That's what we need to figure out" I said and we both went inside the hall.

 Right now the best option is to keep this attack stuff hidden or everyone else is going to panic. We went inside together and Dad came toward us introducing a few people and his friends. Security must be on high alert till now. Including myself in formal talks I tried my best to keep my mind calm and think in a straight way. Tension was clearly lying but both of us managed to put on a calm and composed posture.

I was indulging in a conversation with one of my business associates and Inaya was standing beside me

I was indulging in a conversation with one of my business associates and Inaya was standing beside me. We were in the middle of some business dissection when something caught my attention. The hall had a balcony upstairs so when we had more people they could watch and enjoy the program from there. The lights of the balcony were off clearly diverting all the focus over here in the down hall but I did see someone hiding there. Someone was there and my eye went to the direction where Prateek was standing with almost half of the family. "Excuse me, people, I have something urgent," I said with politeness and took my leave from the ongoing conversation. Climbing stairs as soon as possible, my sight went towards the man standing with a sniper directly aiming towards my family. Each and every action right now has to be taken with immense care steping towards him.

 I pushed him down the balcony before he could pull the trigger. A sudden thud sound from his falling caught everyone's attention. Guards came running and snatched the sniper from his hand and made sure to check him if he had some kind of weapon hidden. Lights on the balcony above my head flickered and my face came into view. I climbed down the stairs, went to the assassin, and gave him a tight punch in his face to break his jaw and a few teeth fall off from his dirty mouth. Again a punch landed directly on his face this time breaking his nose and the non stop punches kept landing until he almost fainted. "vedansh leave him, I said leave him" I know my mother was screaming but her voice got blurred in the thought of someone trying and was just a step far from hurting my family.

  I kept beating this useless creature until someone came and pushed me back from this unwanted being. It was Prateek and Akash who separated me from him or I would have killed him with my bare hands in the hall full of a hundred people. "pagal ho gaya hai kya vedansh chor isse yaha aese kuch mat kar" It was my chachi who said this standing in front of me. I was standing with rage filled in my veins when I saw a glass full of water appearing. My gaze went to my wife who was offering me water and her mere presence was enough to calm me down. "pani pi lijiye" she said, I took the glass from her hand, gulping it down in one go. 

Inaya took my hand and it was through the movement that I realised my hands were full of blood, some of that non-wanted creature, maybe a few drops of mine mixed with it. She was going to clean it in with her saree when I stopped her. "use tissue, you don't have to get a stain on yourself with someone's blood" She grabbed a tissue from the nearby table without saying anything.