Chapter 4 *New Beta*

Original Published Date: 14 July 2015
-edited-

Sydney {POV}

    "Come on in, I was expecting you." Alpha Walker said gesturing for us to enter his office.

      I looked at Rick, who just took a seat on a black leather rolling chair. I sat down on the couch on the opposite side of the room, not trying to intrude on what Rick was going to say.

      Rick cleared his throat and motioned for me sit in the chair next to his. I reluctantly got up and sat next to him.

       When Alpha Walker got up to face the book shelf, Rick elbowed my arm and pointed to a golden note that looked like his.

      "The Goddess came to me the night before and telling I will lose my Beta, when someone came along." Alpha Walker said turn back to us with a book in his hand.

      "She came to me, as I slept last night and left Rick a note." I confronted.

      "Alpha Walker I'm sorry, but if I am not to leave tomorrow with Sydney and her friend Candice I won't live to see next month." Rick says standing up to be eye to eye with his Alpha.

        "I know that Rick, I decided to talk to Raymond to see if he'd take your position." Alpha said sitting down.

       "Raymond isn't old enough. He's strong, yes, but his techniques for beta aren't where they need to be." Rick says. Who the hell is Raymond.

       "Not to intrude, but who's Raymond?" I ask.

       "My little brother. He's only sixteen." He says voice tightened, strict, commanding, yet forceful, like an Alpha.

        "Pfft, hell the beta at my pack was beta since he was fourteen, with help of the Alpha," I say leaning back in the chair very comfortable. "Aparently beta is in your blood line so Raymond has the techniques but still being a teenager in all he hasn't really tried to in force them. Raymond may only seem to be that way maybe because he's only sixteen, I'd know because I'd know because I'm seventeen. He's still used to having less responsibility because his older brother is acting Beta, so he's perfectly fit to be beta as soon as he strikes the age of seventeen and find his mate, then he'd just being a founder younger version of Rick. Simple." By this time I didn't realise that I was pacing and sitting on the Alpha desk. Picking at my finger nails. When I finally looked up they both were looking at me as if a giant spider was sitting on my forehead.

      I could feel my cheeks beaten up and small smile appear on my face. "Sorry, I should've just shut up." I say blushing even more.

      "No, thank you for speaking up. Do you know the pros and cons of him being beta?"

      "Of course, as soon as I find my mate I'm a Alpha Luna. Pros, people who didn't like you or care for what you were going to be has to respect position or you have authority to punish them. Cons, at age seventeen responsibilities hit you like a really hard, can't go to movies because you have meetings to attend to. Can't hang out with friends as much because you have to watch the enforcers train to make sure for when anytime comes they're fit for battle. And when you finally have time your friends turns to friend. Because now they're no trying to give up their young lives to wait for somebody who's not going to come around for them but for themselves." I finish and I was back in my chair.

       When I see them, their expressions hasn't changed. Still shocked by my brain abilities?

       "Um, okay," Alpha Walker says, my knowledge driven them speachless. "Any advise to, um, help him?"