Chapter 11

3rd pov:

Genevieve was in the midst of working on her potion when she heard the door open. With a groan, she laid back on the couch and quickly flicked her wand, shutting everything down. Getting up, she flicked the door open to find her little brother entering.

"Hey, Sister, guess what?" he exclaimed, rushing over and plopping his weight on her waist, causing her annoyance to show.

"I despise guessing games," she retorted dryly.

"I'm going to be the heir for the estate!" he announced excitedly.

"Oh, goodie, Yes. Well, forgive me for not leaping for joy. Bad back, you know." she replied with an eye roll, pushing him off her waist and turning away, signaling her disinterest in continuing the conversation.

"Dad was disappointed that you didn't come for breakfast this morning," he mentioned, taking a seat in front of the couch.

"What's the point in coming? To sit there and listen to how much of a disappointment I am?" Genevieve sighed, flicking her wand to summon a bottle of Daisyroot Draught and a small glass of juice.

"Here, take it," Genevieve offered the juice to him, but he questioned why he couldn't have the draught.

"Because you're young," Genevieve replied matter-of-factly.

"Dad said you started drinking at sixteen," he pouted.

"The situations were different back then. Now, drink it," Genevieve insisted, taking a swig of her own alcohol, leading to an awkward silence between them.

"So, did you have fun in America?" he asked, attempting to diffuse the tension.

"Yeah, I did," Genevieve replied just as there was a knock at the door. She called for the visitor to enter, and the house-elf appeared.

"Mistress, your father is calling you for lunch," the house-elf informed her.

"Tell him I-" Genevieve began to decline before feeling her brother's hand on her arm. When she turned to see his sad face, her resolve softened.

"Genny, please come to lunch... I miss eating with you," he pleaded.

Genevieve sighed, relenting, "Fine."

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

The alchemist walked down the hall with the teenager as he opened the door seeing her family sitting on the table as she rolled her eyes. She sat down and put some of it in William's plate as he gasped, "Don't eat so less you're a growing boy"

"How is your research work going on?" Dolores said uninterested in her step daughters response

"Good, why do you want to know?" Genevieve rolled her eyes, there has always been hostility from Dolores towards Genevieve and she was glad to return it back to the woman.

"I've called you here regarding you joining the Ministry" Henry said

"I think we both know how that turned out" Genevieve scoffed eating her food

"It was going perfectly, and I must say it's better for you to do some work rather than roaming around the world. You're not some maniac running around wild." Dolores said in a tone

"Well, We don't know that yet I'm still young~" Genevieve replied in a manic tone as her step-mother looked at her in disgust

"I agree, your mother is right, Genevieve. It'll be better for you to stop seeing that Scamander boy and get a real job" Henry said as the blonde woman scoffed. "Oh...don't get me started on that Scamander boy."