21

'I have been irrevocably in love with you Kim Taehyung'

Taehyung jolted away from the prince as if he was electrocuted...his hands shivering and eyes brimming with tears as he glared at Jungkook

' Tae-'

' Don't say a word Jungkook!' Taehyung's voice came out way more harsher than he intended it to 'I don't want to hear anything'

' Am not asking you to say it back' Jungkook tried to make the elder look at him ' I just wanted you to know what's in my heart...I wanted you to know how I was waiting all these for you to come back-'

' Your wait was in vain Jungkook because we...can never be more than a Prince and his guard' Taehyung spat

'What is stopping you Taehyung' Jungkook felt his eyes burn ' W-why are you being so harsh...'

' What's stopping me?' Taehyung scoffed even though his cheeks were all wet ' There are a million things stopping me your highness...The fact that you are the prince of Astraxus and me just a mere guard...the fact that I am the son of a guard who refused to obey Jongwook and ran away and the moment he sees me..am done for..and how do you think your Namjoon hyung will react-'

' You shouldn't care about whether anyone else will accept us-'

' I can't accept us!' A helpless sob left Taehyung 'I still haven't accepted the fact that I like men Jungkook and you want me to accept us? I am still scared of my own sexuality... about my own feelings and y-you'

' Hyung' Jungkook took two long strides... standing in front of Taehyung as he cupped his cheeks ' Look at me hyung...'

Taehyung's lips wobbled as he lifted his gaze towards the prince

' You don't have to be scared of your feelings anymore hyung' Jungkook's own voice shook ' You are perfect just the way you are...a-and am not asking you to love me...I-'

Taehyung balled his fist on either side of him... restraining himself from holding on to Jungkook who looked so vulnerable

' Whenever-' Jungkook took in a shaky breath... wiping off Taehyung's tears with the pad of his thumb 'Whenever you feel scared hyung..j-just look at me...I will be there to hold you...all prepared to shield you from the whole world'

' Jungkook ah' Taehyung cried

' I promise...if you ever go down..' Jungkook swallowed 'I promise to go down with you..a-and if I ever get out of this hell...then that would be with you only...'

Taehyung broke down completely as Jungkook leaned forward joining their foreheads..both of them closing their eyes.. taking a moment for themselves

' Hyung' Jungkook mumbled 'I promise to love you till my last breath'

' What's happening here'

Both of them abruptly stepped back.. turning around only to see Yoongi standing there with his hands crossed over his chest

' Yoongi Hyung.. ' Taehyung's heart dropped..fear creeping in as he moved away from Jungkook only to stop when Jungkook grabbed his wrist ' What are you doing?'

Jungkook totally ignored the question as he stared straight at Yoongi interlacing his fingers with Taehyung's pulling him closer

The silent gesture making Yoongi turn his head scoffing before looking back the duo

' Woah!!' Yoongi exclaimed ' This happened sooner than I expected'

' Huh?' Jungkook blinked sharing a small glance with Taehyung who was now nibbling on his lips