Sleep Bug Vs... Monkeys?

A/N: SORRY FOR THE CHAP BEFORE I THOUGHT I UPLOADED A PIC OF CHEN BUT NOOOOO APPARENTLY NOOOOT IT MUSTVE NOT LOADED OR SOMETHING HERES ONE (NOTE HE DOESNT HAVE THE BRAID YET):

ANYWAY ONTO THE STORY-

———

"Whatta you mean vacation?" MK asks Monkey King, the sage busy scurrying back and forth to pack a bag full of random items. Chen watches from the side, ignoring the buzzing of his phone as a notification came through.
"Come on, bud! I promised myself when I found a successor I'd go see some friends! Take a tour of my old stomping grounds, just cut loose y'know." Monkey King says, putting on a pair of sunglasses. "Ooh! Gonna need these."

"So you're just gonna leave MK to defend the city alone? Don't you remember what happened with Macaque? And the Spider Queen?" He asks, letting his annoyance show. The Monkey King scoffed. "He won't be alone! He'll have you, remember?" Chen rolls his eyes. "That's not my point-"
"But you can't just leave!" MK interrupts. "What if some one attacks the city? What if Spider Queen comes back?!" He yells, starting to panic. Chen turns to Monkey King, gesturing to the panicking MK with a "see what I mean?" look.

Monkey King chuckles, finishing packing his things. "You guys will figure it out!" The sage says with a smile. "It's adorable how nervous you two are."

"I'm not nervous."

"Whatever you say buddy- but you don't need to be! You've both come a long way!" He says, ruffling the boys hair. "And you know, the next step of your journey you must do alone." He says dramatically. There's an awkward pause as those words sunk in. "Alone?" MK asks worriedly.

Monkey King grins. "But don't worry! I'll check in, give you some training tools, remote lessons, ah, we'll figure it out! Oh and Chen, I forgot to mention but while I'm gone I'll give you some tips on how to tap into your elemental powers!"

Chen's jaw drops. "Wait what?! What do you mean elemental-"

"ALRIGHT I GOTTA GO! MONKEY KING OUT!" Monkey King yells as he blasts away on his cloud, leaving the two boys speechless.

"WHAT THE HELL?! EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP DROPPING INFORMATION ON ME LIKE THIS!" Chen yells, his voice scaring away the nearby birds and monkeys.
MK groans. "Fine! He can just leave! At least I know my friends won't abandon me!" He says, grabbing onto Chen. "C'mon Chen! Let's go back to the Noodle shop where our friends who won't abandon us are!" He huffs. Chen sighs, rubbing his eyes as he follows MK back to Megapolis.

As they get back to MK's tuk-tuk, Chen pulls out his phone to check his notifications. "Huh, what's this "Sleep Bug" game?"

———

"Can you believe it?! He just left us like that! No heads up or anything!" MK grumbles, driving the tuk-tuk back to the shop. He was about to grumble some more when a loud snore is heard beside him. He looks over to see that Chen was asleep, his tail draped over his stomach as he rests. MK hums. "Huh, that's weird. He mustn't have slept well last night."