Four

I walk down the stairs with my headphones on, trying not to make too much noise. Leah is working in our main room so I really don't want to distract her, again, and risk another punishment this week. They've been pretty though this days, but since I'm the one who told her to pass her anger out on me, I can't complain.

My phone on the counter playing my favorite song and I can't help but moving in rhythm while looking for a snack in the fridge. It's really hot today so something cold would be perfect. Maybe I'll even bring one for my Mommy. I finally take out two fruits popsicles, mixed berries for me and strawberry for Leah. She doesn't really have a sweet tooth but maybe she'll take this.
My body freezes almost instantly when I see a man on the other side of the counter just looking at me.
Okay, first, he's a big perv for watching me dance in my underwear and second, who the heck is he? A friend of Leah? No way he's literally my age. Well maybe a little older but still.
What if...
No she doesn't go for boys.

Right?

She doesn't like boys. She doesn't like boys. She doesn't like boys.

-Who are you?
Who I am?
-You're in my house, who are you? I retort.
The look on his face clearly denounces that he's just as lost as I am.
-Your...
-Can you be less noisy just for two whole minutes? Leah's voice calls from upstairs
She's still working and for once I didn't do anything to disturb her.

I hear her footsteps coming down, probably worried about me not talking back for once. And her voice follows right after.
-Are you okay sweetheart? I'm trying to...
She stops right before the last step and look at the boy in front of me and then at me.

Confusion. Anger. Despair.

So many emotions are passing through her eyes, her face, but nothing positive comes out.
-Wh.. what are you doing here? Is your father..?
-No, it's just me mom.
Mom...?
No freaking way.
No one talks. There's not a single noise in the room, just the three of us looking at each other.

-I'm confused.. I finally say.
-You're confused? I'm the one who's fucking confused! Who the hell are you anyway? And why are you walking around dressed like that? And mom why are you not?
-Well it's none of your business but I'll give you one little guess.
I look at Leah with my eyes wide open.
Is she supposed to talk to her child~that I've never heard of~ like that? About us?
-I think I deserve an explanation, don't you think?
-Oh no, what you deserve is telling me what you are doing here! I thought you didn't want to have to anything to do with me since last time?

Harsh

-I think I'll just...
I try to retreat but Leah grabs my wrist and just looks at me. Just one look and I know what she wants to say, it's not like we've know each other for more than a year and she never told me that she has a child.

It's not what you think, I promise.

I'm just too mad to accept that or to even understand.
Her touch is burning me and my eyes are just too watery for me to keep looking at her.
She seems so... vulnerable. I've never seen her like this. And I don't like it.
-Don't cry baby. Leah says, trying to wipe the tear off my cheek.
But I brutally take a step back before going in the garden. Away from her.
-Is she your new...
-I dare you to end your sentence Thomas...

Finally where I can't hear anything. I bring my knees to my chest and put my head on them. Protecting myself from the world around.
I left my phone in the kitchen so I have nothing to distract me other than the music in my ears.
So I cry.
As always.
Why do I have to be so sensitive? I always cry for the dumbest things.
I mean, there's probably a reason why she didn't told me anything.