Seven

-I really didn't mean to hurt you sweetheart
-I feel much better Mommy, I promise
I press my head against her lap and kiss her leg. I've been repeating myself for about three hours now and I feel like it won't stop for a while. Not as long as she feels guilty.
The worst part is that it didn't hurt that much at first, it was a bit different from what we are used to, but I really enjoyed it. So her feeling guilty and apologizing, which is already weird, makes me feel super bad and now we're just like two idiots saying the same things over and over in front of the tv.
Well the aftercare was perfect so I'm not complaining.

The doorbell pulls us out of our bubble just as Leah starts telling me about what she has been up to these last weeks.
-Are you expecting someone and you didn't tell me? She asks.
-No, are you?
I get off the couch and look at Leah. She's just as confused as I am. We don't usually have people over. She doesn't like having her friends here and my only friend was here just once.
-Go. Call me if you don't know who it is

I nod and walk to the door, feeling a bit nauseous. Like something bad is about to happen.
-Amaya? Who is it?

Leah's voice calls from the living room, but my brain can barely process it, too confused and foggy as I recognize the person at the door.
-Are you alright sweetheart?

Leah is now by my side, analyzing the woman in front of us, but probably not understanding what's happening.
Goosebumps runs through my body when I feel her cold fingers grabbing my hips in a faint and discrete attempt to claim and protect me .
-Oh my god! Amaya? What is this? Who is this? Who are you? Should I call the cops?

Leah's eyes slide to me, her eyebrow slightly raised, she silently questions me.
-Don't look at her like that! Do you know how old she is? You could be her mother! Aren't you ashamed?
-Her mother? You're being a bit dramatic, don't you think? Jeez
-Dramatic?! Are...
-Mom, please
I try to hide my smile when I hear Leah hardly refraining her laugh.
And I'm the inappropriate one.
-Your mom huh. Why don't you let her come in, love? I don't want her to have a syncope at my doorstep.

Leah goes away without even being bothered by this whole situation. She just goes back in the house, like it was nothing.
-Amaya! What is going on here?!
-What are you doing here?

My mother and I engage in a staring contest at the door, trying to get the other one to answer first.
-I said let her in, Amaya, didn't I? Leah's voice calls from the kitchen.
I fight the urge to talk back and listen to her, welcoming my mother in the house.
-Well look who's docile and obedient now. This situation seems to be more toxic than what I thought it was.
-Do you want something to drink mom?
-I want nothing, take your stuff, we're going home
-Water it is then.
-Don't ignore me Amaya! I'm your mother!
I join Leah in the kitchen and settle between her legs.

-What are you doing here baby?
-I can't stay with her. Don't leave me with her, please.
I can't ignore the concern in her eyes, mixed up with the malice. These two opposites go so well together. How strange.
-Why not? You just have to explain some things to her and she'll go away if that's what you want.
-No, she wants to take me with her.
-And can I know where she thinks she's taking you?
-Home...
-Where's your home sweetheart?
-With you Mommy
A sigh of relief comes out of my mouth when Leah takes me in her arms. Surrounding me with love and protection, she gently touches my hair and massages my scalp to comfort me.

-Your home is where you want it to be. I won't ever forbid you from seeing your mother. But she can't take you by force, not when I'm with you. Okay?
-You promise?
-Of course I promise, we are meant to be you say it all the time. No one will ever tear us apart. Now calm down and go talk to her, I'll be here if you need me.
-Okay. I love you
-I love you more baby.
A kiss on my forehead, and she lets me go back to my mother.

-You're here. Where's the water? Where are you bags?
-I'm not going anywhere mom.
-Oh yes you are! Who do you think you are?!
-Are you kidding me? You literally threw me out of the house? And now you want me to come back? When I'm finally happy?
-You were happy at home! And no one threw you out! You just sneaked out like you always do! Now it's time to come back
-It was never my home mom, I was never happy there! You kept comparing me to everyone and complaining about my presence!
-But I didn't mean to make you go!
-Oh you didn't? It's perfect! I just did it by myself. I wanted to go so I did! That's what happened!

-You can't keep living here Amaya! Not with this person
-"This person", mom, treats me way better than you ever did! "This person" protects me like you never did!
-She's a predator! Are you blind or just stupid?
-Are you here to criticize me? She loves me mom! I know it and I don't need your opinion.
-You'll come back crying when you will realize that you're just lying to yourself!
-Oh I am?
-You are in danger here Amaya..
-How could you possibly know that? Is that your motherly instinct? You're being super ridiculous now!
-Don't talk to me that way Amaya! I am your mother!

-Oh please just leave me alone, I won't come back.
-I'll make sure that you will. I'll open your eyes
-Please mom, let me be! Let me live, I don't need this!
-You don't need your mother?
-Well it's not like you've always been there, is it?!
-I'm so disappointed in you Amaya. And you...
-Nope, that's not a good idea. You should watch your mouth.
I turn around to meet Leah's cold gaze on me.

Standing behind me, her elbow against the wall, she looks at me then at my mother.
She's literally threatening her and it's turning me on.
Gosh, I'm impossible
-I think you've said enough, you're done for now and it's getting late.
-Are you throwing me out?
-I am, and you should go. Now.
My mom whispers something, annoyed and leaves in a gust of wind. Like she couldn't even say no.
Oh I know the feeling.

-You're okay sweetie?
-Yes, thank you.
I take refuge in her arms like they are the safest place in world, probably because they are, and let her cuddle me for a while.
-I'm sorry it went bad honey.
-Oh it's alright really
___________________________________________
I hope you liked it!
XOXO_