Nine

As we get out of the car, I feel an urge of excitement. The city and roads are still pretty much alive this late at night and I don't think I've ever seen something more beautiful.
It's a Friday night, and the streets are bustling with people eager to start their weekends. The air is filled with laughter, the sound of conversations, and the occasional honking of cars. Neon lights from bars and restaurants illuminated the sidewalks, casting a vibrant glow over everything.

I look up at Leah, and feeling my heart skip a beat, I kiss her cheek. She looks so stunning in her tailored blazer and silky blouse, her hair is simply attached in her usual slick back ponytail, classy and elegant. The way, she carries herself with a grace in every situation draws me in.

-Hey, are you okay sweetheart? Is something wrong?
I can't help but smile again, and take the hand she's offering me, feeling lucky to be with her.
-Just a little nervous, and...I love you, that's all.
She looks at me a little surprised, but leans down and kisses the top of my head.
-I love you too Babygirl.

I know people often notice the age difference between us, but I honestly, I've never really cared care. I mean, I love her, so what? That's all that matters.

-Ready?
I look up at Leah for a few seconds, feeling a little bit of nervousness in the way she holds my hand. We haven't been out for a while, and when we do go out, it's usually something private, something small and intimate. But I really wanted more this time, so two weeks ago, she promised me that we would go out and that she wouldn't do/say/mention anything about work. So here we are.
-Are you kidding? I've been looking forward to this all week.

Her hand in mine, we navigate through the crowded streets towards this trendy new restaurant that had been getting rave reviews, I wanted something big and she gave it to me. As we approached, the soft glow of the restaurant's sign made me feel like we were stepping into another world, one where we could just be ourselves without any judgment. I sigh of relief and slightly squeeze her hand.
-I told you, you had no reason to be nervous.
I smile at her and follow her lead to the counter.
The hostess greets us warmly and leads us to a cozy table by the window. Everything is so chic and modern, with dim lighting and an intimate atmosphere that feels perfectly romantic. I notice a few heads turn as we walked by, making me remember the way my mother looked shocked when she saw us, saying that Leah could be my mother in another world.
I slightly chuckle and decide to focus on Leah, not letting anything else bothering me.

Once seated, we look at the menu, discussing our options, and we finally decided to order a variety of small plates to share, eager to sample as much as we can, since we both share an abnormal passion for food.

As we wait for our food, impatiently for me, Leah reaches across the table and takes my hand.
-Amaya...I know I don't say this kind of things all the time, but I'm so glad we're doing this, I thought you'd never be ready for this...
-Are you trying to appease me or embarrass me?
-Oh my god, would you just let me talk?
I chuckle and whisper an apology, still thinking that I'm really funny.
-Anyway, I just wanted to say that... I love you Amy. You make me feel alive.
She release my hand and look away, probably to hide her blushing cheeks.
-Aww you're so sweet Mommy
Leah rolls her eyes and sighs, before looking back at me.
-Well I'm not asking you to marry me if that's what you're waiting for.
She rolls her eyes again and cross her arms on her chest when I uncontrollably laugh at what she said, whispering a "damn insolent brat" in her breath.

Her words actually made my heart swell, but it was either laughing or crying so...
-You know I feel the same way, right? Being with you makes everything brighter. I love experiencing new things together.
-Just say you love experiencing an older woman, I won't judge you, I'm a blast of...
-Ugh shut up already
Leah's eyes slightly widen when I interrupt her. Holding her laugh, she looks around for a moment, probably looking for a way to punish me in a public place, but finally sighs and leans back in her seat, looking at me with her most stern gaze, making me slightly squeeze my legs and fix my position.