Chapter 21

3rd pov:

Bunty, clutching Newt's case, swiftly navigated past a tram and crossed the street with purpose, arriving at a leather goods store. The gentle tinkle of a bell announced her entry to Otto, a burly man with wispy hair, who looked up from his worktable upon her arrival.

"Can I help you?" Otto inquired as Bunty approached the counter, carefully placing Newt's case on the glass surface. "Yes, I'd like to have this case replicated, please," Bunty requested politely. "Certainly," Otto replied, his attention drawn to the distinctive case. He ran his hands over it, examining its texture and structure before attempting to open it. Bunty quickly intervened, urging him not to open it as the interior wasn't relevant to the replication process. Otto, curious but compliant, nodded in understanding.

"I see no reason why I can't make you one," Otto agreed, reaching for paper and pen. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to him, the baby Qilin peeked out from the case, prompting Bunty to discreetly guide it back inside before Otto turned around. Otto proposed leaving the case for the replication process, but Bunty swiftly declined, citing her husband's forgetfulness as a reason for urgency.

"Oh, no. I couldn't possibly leave it. And I'll need more than one. You see, um...my husband is a bit absentminded. He's always forgetting things. Just the other day, he forgot he was married to me. Can you imagine?" Bunty quipped, injecting humor into her explanation. Otto chuckled along, understanding her predicament.

"How many were you thinking?" Otto inquired further. "Half a dozen. And I'll need them in two days' time," Bunty confirmed, to which Otto raised an eyebrow in surprise. Moments later, Bunty exited the store, returning across the street with Newt's original case in hand.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

In Nurmengard, tension crackled in the air as Queenie observed the standoff from above. She noticed Dolores, Henry, and their companions assuming defensive stances as Kama approached, complying with Zabini's order to show his hands and continuing to advance calmly. Isabella took charge, separating from the group to confront Kama directly.

"Who are you?" Dolores demanded, her tone unwavering. "My name is Yusuf Kama," he replied evenly as Grindelwald and Rosier joined the scene. Grindelwald, ever curious, inquired about Kama's purpose. Rosier pointedly mentioned Kama's connection to Leta, indicating a vendetta.

"Ah, I thought I recognized you," Henry acknowledged, acknowledging Kama's past grievances. Grindelwald, however, delved deeper, acknowledging the ancient bloodline Kama shared with Leta. Kama corrected him, emphasizing their estrangement.

Grindelwald's suspicion turned towards Dumbledore, questioning if Kama was sent as a spy. Kama, not mincing words, laid out Dumbledore's concerns about Grindelwald's possession of a particular creature and the potential dangers. Grindelwald, seeking confirmation, looked to Queenie, whose troubled expression hinted at hidden complexities. Her nod affirmed Kama's words.

Turning his attention back to Kama, Grindelwald probed for more information. Queenie, attuned to emotions, revealed the weight of Kama's grief and longing for his lost sister. Grindelwald absorbed this information, his expression contemplative yet resolute. In a subtle yet decisive gesture, he drew his wand, signaling a shift in the tense atmosphere, and prompting everyone to brace for what would follow.

"Then I presumed you wouldn't mind if I relieved you of your sister's memory," Grindelwald said as he stepped forward and placed the tip of his wand to Kama's temple, watching him to see if he would resist in any way. But Kama remained still, stalwart. "Right?" he asked. "Right," Kama said, and slowly, Grindelwald retracted his wand, extracting a translucent strand as he did.