Chapter 24

3rd pov:

"It is not lost on those of us in leadership that we are currently a world divided. Each day brings talk of another conspiracy. Each hour another dark whisper. These whispers have only increased in recent days...with the addition of a third candidate. There is only one way to leave absolutely no doubt...that a worthy candidate exists amongst the three you have been presented," Vogel asserted from his position in front of a gilded cage beneath the grand steps of the Eyrie.

His speech echoed through all Magical Ministries globally. Vogel entered the golden cage and reappeared cradling something in his arms. Returning to his spot, he slowly unveiled the object, prompting a palpable gasp from the audience.

A Qilin.

"As every young witch and wizard knows, the Qilin represents the epitome of purity in our magical world. It cannot be deceived. Let the Qilin be the force that unites us," Vogel proclaimed, holding the Qilin aloft to resounding cheers.

"Come," Dumbledore murmured to Jacob as they navigated through a throng of Santos supporters. Catching sight of Dark Aurors trailing them closely, Dumbledore swiftly guided Jacob into an alleyway, deftly avoiding their surveillance. With a rapid Disapparition from behind their pursuers, they slipped away unnoticed.

"Where to next?" Jacob inquired. "This is where I leave you," Dumbledore stated calmly. "I'm sorry, you're leaving me?" Jacob questioned, puzzled as Dumbledore removed his scarf. "I have to meet someone else, Mr. Kowalski. Not to worry... you'll be perfectly safe," Dumbledore reassured him, discarding his scarf, which transformed into a curtain mid-air. He turned back to face Jacob.

"You don't have the Qilin. Feel free to drop the case at the first hint of trouble," Dumbledore advised before beginning to walk away. He paused and turned back to Jacob. "One other thing, if you don't mind me saying. You should stop doubting yourself. You have something most men go their entire lives without. Do you know what that is?" he asked, to which Jacob shook his head. "A heart that is full. Only a truly brave man could open himself up so honestly and completely, as you do," Dumbledore remarked before tipping his hat and disappearing.

Newt moved swiftly, trying to blend in seamlessly. At one point, he paused, sensing something, but found nothing when he turned around. Theseus proceeded cautiously, clutching his case tightly. 

Genevieve navigated through the village, periodically glancing around and making sure William, disguised with Polyjuice potion, blended into the crowd. Lally acted swiftly upon spotting Aurors ahead, turning into an alley and vanishing from sight.

Theseus cautiously navigated through a narrow passage, his wand at the ready. Spotting two Aurors ahead, he swiftly drew his wand in preparation. Meanwhile, Lally moved with urgency, periodically checking behind her. When she reached the junction of their streets, she came face to face with Theseus. Both wizards instinctively raised their wands, only to recognize each other in relief. However, their brief respite was shattered as they realized they were surrounded by dark Aurors.

Reacting swiftly, Lally and Theseus engaged in a fierce duel with the encroaching Aurors. They deflected, parried, and countered spells from all directions, steadily retreating up the steps while unleashing their own spells. Lally stunned three Dark Aurors with precise spells, while Theseus managed to incapacitate half a dozen more. As the chaos unfolded, Lally improvised by levitating a dozen crystal balls, sending them crashing towards their attackers. Simultaneously, Theseus stunned a Dark Auror positioned on a balcony above them.

Swiftly turning, Lally immobilized another Auror by ensnaring him in fabric before dispatching him crashing into a nearby wall, where he remained trapped like a figure in a portrait. The defeated Aurors littered the street in disarray.