Ch10: Friends and Enemies

"EVERYONE GET OUT OF THOSE SEATS AND ONTO YOUR FEET!!! WE HAVE REACHED THE FINAL MINUTE OF THE CONTEST!!!! AS YOU'VE SEEN SO FAR, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN SO DON'T LOOK AWAY FOR EVEN A SECOND AS TIME CONTINUES TO TICK DOWN!!!!"

As Team Midoriya sped towards the other side of the field in hopes of chewing the last vital seconds off the clock, they were once again ambushed by Team Todoroki. Suddenly, a wall of ice appeared in front of them. Quickly they pivoted and headed in the other direction, but another glacial wall appeared. A metal staff pierced through the side of Izuku's jetpack, rendering it useless. They were stuck. They turned to see Shoto Todoroki and his team staring them down.

Shoto narrowed his eyes at the boy... "I'll be taking that headband now."

"I don't think so!" Midoriya shouted back as Dark Shadow appeared in front of them and they began to inch to the right.

Shoto gritted his teeth, 'He's keeping his distance and staying to my left side, if I tried to freeze him now, I'd hit Iida... That's his strategy. If he keeps moving like this, I'll never get a clear shot at his team... Plus it would appear that Tokoyami can defend against Kaminari's electricity... That bastard!'

Iida looked up with an intensity, unrivaled by anyone else on the entire battle field. Nobody knew, but the class rep had one final trick up his sleeve.

"Everyone... We have less than sixty seconds left... This stalemate cannot continue... So I'm going to do something that's going to make me useless to you." He said as Shoto looked down at him.

"What are you planning?"

"Just make damn sure you get that headband! Everyone hang on tight! Brace yourselves!" He said as Yaoyorozu and Kaminari locked their grip on the front horse as tight as they could. Shoto didn't know what to expect, but readied himself. His hand closed and opened again as he prepared to grab the points.

Iida leaned forward athletically as his engines roared and began to glow red.

"TORQUE!!! OVER!!!! RECIPROBURST!!!!!!!!!"

Flames of blue shot from his exhaust and rocketed his team forward at a speed unseen by anyone in the stadium before. He stopped just before the sidelines as Todoroki held the prize in his hand in disbelief.

Team Midoriya was suddenly left without any points as everyone stared at Iida with extreme awe.

"Iida... What the hell was that?" Shoto asked as the boy in question caught his breath after the jarring sprint forward.

"Forced my torque and RPM into overdrive... Which gave me explosive power... But the recoil stalls my engines for a while. All we have to do is hold them at bay for a few more seconds and victory is ours...." He glanced up with a prideful look on his face. "I told you Midoriya... I'd do my best to beat you."

The crowd cheered like never before as Present Mic and Aizawa were left in a stunned silence.

"DON'T LET THEM GO!!! WE HAVE TO GET THOSE POINTS BACK!!" Midoriya screamed as they charged forward. 'This is my responsibility! Uraraka... Hatsume... Tokoyami.... They all put their faith in me! I REFUSE TO LET THEM DOWN!!!'

"ONLY TWENTY SECONDS REMAIN! IT LOOKS LIKE IZUKU MIDORIYA HAS FOUND HIMSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF YET ANOTHER SHOW STOPPER!!!! WHO'S GONNA WALK AWAY WITH THE POINTS AND THE VICTORY?!?!"

With the unbridled spirt of a true hero, the power of One for All surged through Izuku's veins and into his right arm.

Team Bakugo raced to the wall of ice. "Damn there's no way around it! What do we do now?" Kirishima shouted.