Ch15: Promises...

Ochako's eyes slowly opened to the glow of fluorescent lighting. She was in a momentary state of confusion as she rubbed her half lidded eyes and tried to figure out what was going on. She sat up and the aches from her body jogged her memory instantly. Before another thought could cross her mind she let out a hefty yawn and as she finished she suddenly was met with the face of Ectoplasm sitting in a chair by the foot of her bed.

"Oh good. You're awake." He said through his voice modulator.

Her eyes snapped wide open and her body shot to the head of the bed with a yelp.

He recoiled a bit as the sudden noise caught him off guard. Ochako recovered quickly as the initial shock wore off. "Oh... S-sorry Mr. Ectoplasm sir..." She apologized as started to relax. "I just kind of expected to see Recovery Girl is all..."

"Don't worry about it... I was instructed to keep watch over you and inform her when you awoke. You chose a good time to come out of it... I should be able to notify her before she begins Midoriya's surgery." He said as he began to reattach his prosthetic legs.

The brunette's eyes bulged as she felt her heart begin to beat erratically. "Surgery?!?!" Was the only word she was able to spit out as her mind was pushed into the throes of panic.

"His arms suffered severe damage after his fight with Todoroki... They looked pretty bad off. But the old lady assured me that she should be able to fully heal him, even if it would take more than the use of her power to do so. Just stay here and rest... You have some friends here to visit you..." The pro said as he rose from his seat and walked across the room and opened the door.

"Alright you two, come on in... I'm sure she has a lot of questions after being out that long, I'll leave it to you to answer them." he held open the door as Tenya and Tsu entered and slowly approached her side...

"Hey Ochako... Good to see you awake again *ribbit."

"Are you feeling okay?" Tenya questioned her from a place of concern.

"What happened to Deku?..." She said immediately as her two friends looked at each other....

------------------------------------------------------------------

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE LET ME SEE THOSE HANDS IN THE AIR!!!! WE'RE COMING AT YOU WITH THE SECOND MATCH OF THE QUARTER FINALS!!!! WE HAVE ANOTHER CLASS A CLASS B SHOWDOWN WITH A TRIP TO THE FINAL FOUR ON THE LINE!!! IT DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!"

Momo practically floated down the stairs and into her seat as the introductions began. She wiggled her way into a comfortable position and sat up straight as she waited to see Peter trot out of the tunnel once again. The image of his muscles were still freshly on her mind as a clumsy grin formed on her face along with a light blush across the bridge of her nose.

"So... Was it everything you ever imagined?" Jiro teased her without lowering her voice the way she usually did, causing Momo to play dumb, albeit unconvincingly. "I-I don't know what you're talking about..." Her eyes darted between her best friend and Todoroki who seemed to be waiting for her response.

"Relax YaoMomo! Todoroki's in on it. Meet the newest member of Team YaoyoRomance!" Mina smirked.

Her head whipped to the boy sitting behind Jiro who gave her a thumbs up. "I'm inclined to ask how?..."

"Well... He sort of already knows about the whole flirting thing..." Jiro began as Momo shot him a questioning look.

"How?!"

"You'd be surprised what you can learn about people if you just sit back quietly and watch them." He gave her the same response as he did his best friend a few days ago.