16. The irony of poignancy

Immediately after eating, Lan Wangji goes to his room and starts adopting the methods of wooing suggested by Nie Huaisang.

Lan Wangji is very shy at first but he immediately takes out one of Wei Wuxian's white shirts from his wardrobe.

°°°°°°°°°

On other side, Wei Wuxian is sitting inside the drawing room with his friends and chatting for some time after having dinner.

Suddenly Jiang Cheng asks Wei Wuxian, "Wuxian, you should not have marked Lan Wangji as your legal omega."

Wei Wuxian gets a little nervous and tells Jiang Cheng, "Jiang Cheng, I cannot be unfair to Lan Wangji because if I have had a physical relationship with him then I must accept him as my marked omega wife."

Jiang Cheng angrily asks Wei Wuxian, "Wuxian, how can you forget that because of that omega, you have been tortured in jail for so many months without any mistake. His one lie has ruined your entire life. You should be careful with Lan Wangji."

Wei Wuxian understood his friend's feelings but he did not want to reveal the truth about the incident with Lan Wangji to anyone because he did not know who was the real culprit of Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian assures his friend, "Jiang Cheng, don't worry, I know what is right for me and anyway, I am not one of those people who take advantage of innocent omegas."

Jiang Cheng makes a strange face and says, "Innocent omega? Who? Lan Wangji. What kind of a joke is this? He is like a little demon who has stuck in your life like a curse."

Wei Wuxian smilingly says to his friend, "Jiang Cheng, I think you hate Lan Wangji too much whereas I have forgiven him."

Jiang Cheng angrily looks at Wei Wuxian and says, "Wuxian, I will never forgive Lan Wangji in this life because he tried to harm my dearest friend. If he had not falsely accused you, perhaps I would never have hated him so much."

Wei Wuxian hugs his friend very emotionally while saying, "Jiang Cheng, I want to thank you because you have always done a lot for me. Even in the last two months, you always came to meet me. When the whole world hated me and considered me a despicable rapist. You also always supported me when people looked down on me."

Hugging his friend even tightly, Jiang Cheng says emotionally, "Wuxian, you are not only a friend to me but like a family member for me and no person allows his family members to be hurt. I have always tried my best to do whatever was in my power to save you."

Nie Huaisang now slowly comes to Jiang Cheng and says, "A-Cheng, it's too late now, we should go to our room. Wei Wuxian is newly married, so he should spend some loving moments with his new omega wife."

°°°°°°°°°°

Both Jiang Cheng and Xue Yang take their omegas to rest on their floor.

There is a slight rift going on between Xue Yang and Xiao Xingchen because when alpha called his omega boyfriend this afternoon, Xingchen's phone was picked up by his Co-actor Wen Ning.