ᗪᖇOᗯᑎIᑎG Iᑎ ᕼEᖇ ᒪOᐯE

3rd pov:

Whenever Genevieve goes out be it to a simple grocery, with or without people, she comes back with a ton of souvenirs and a bouquet of the prettiest flowers to bloom on this earth.

It is so cute and it always makes Newt's day even if she, one time, unknowingly gifted him a flower that symbolized death with a huge grin.

Newt had asked her about why she gifted him that flower in particular and she said it's because it was his favorite color. so he could do nothing except shake his head helplessly, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

That's why it doesn't surprise him when she bursts into his room, where he and Jacob and Queenie were preparing lunch with yet another big bouquet and even a bigger smile, "Hi my sunshine!!"

He got up from his chair, "Hey Evie," he peck her lips, gently taking the bouquet from her hands, "what are these for?"

"Nothing," she hums, "Just wanted to appreciate you."

"Again?" Tina questions.

Meanwhile, Queenie blows her nose, screaming at the top of her lungs, "God, they are so cute!!!" Jacob chuckled and calmed his wife down.

So yeah. Genevieve never fails to get Newt flowers, and in some of the most creative ways because Genevieve is anything but traditional.

If Newt doesn't find a bouquet on his doorstep then he find a trail of flower petals that leads to his shared bedroom. it's a pretty cute thing, the idea of his wife taking the time to put petals in their house to make his day just a bit easier is heart-warming.

But Genevieve won't do something half-way and that's why the petals on ground beside their shared bed spell his name, a heart, and a very bold 'i love you'. it's cute and it makes him smile, and it almost makes him forget the tiresome day he had.

But then he feels arms wrap around his shoulders and hugging him like a koala, which he is very familiar with.

His wife is grinning as she peppers his face with kisses and he don't have the time to think about his day.

Another thing his wife loves to do with the flower petals is provide him with the most romantic and calming bath ever.

She may not look like it but she's the most romantic and devoted to her husband, in simple language she is smitten. She always has been, ever since Hogwarts.

Newt remember that one time his creatures were giving him a little hard time for feeding, exhausting him till the end of the day.

Upon seeing his beaten up figure, Genevieve took matters into her own hands.

In no time, she decorated the bathtub with flower petals and candles. she got him all the snacks he like and offered herself as a—self-proclaimed—worldwide and top-tier masseur.

But before the pampering, she made sure to check and treat his wounds as gently as she could.

She threw a few jokes here and there, sang him praises about how strong, brave and handsome he is, and her lips left no part of his skin untouched, firm yet soft kisses that she hopes will make the sore even a tiny bit more bearable.

Then Newt got into the bath and his body immediately relaxed. Add to that, the surprisingly good massage he is getting from his darling wife. And when he have had his fill, she helps him wash up, hands covering his eyes so the soap doesn't get in.

When he stand up, and she gets the towel to cover him, she pauses.

He is reminded of how intimidating Genevie's eyes are in the moment. However, what's difference between the look she gives her enemies and the look she gives him is far too vast.

To the enemy, Genevieve eyes are the snakes that will drag them to doom. To him, it's the fierceness of a Kneazle that doesn't fail to snuggled upto him.

It flusters him: the unadulterated love and pure devotion in her gaze. She takes him all in, admiring every inch of his body then grins, "the body designed by Aphrodite herself."

Whenever she says that he erupts into a deep shade red which will put strawberries to shame.

And even in her absence, His wife doesn't let him forget that he is loved. She never let him feel insecure of even less to others, she put him and only him first, even before herself, which sometimes worried Newt.

One time, when she was away for a couple of days for a meeting with the publishers for her book, He was going on with his daily routine, all fine and dandy.

Then he wanted to get that photo album Genevieve made for his anniversary to pass time until she comes back. Genevieve personally handpicked and glued every single photo.

she also decorated it with silly stickers and even sillier drawings, along with annotations that make him chuckle when he can vividly imagine her saying them.

His  feet almost immediately take him there, and he slide the drawer open.

But the photo album is surrounded by flower petals that—mind him—were not there before, and a sticky note is on it. his wife's handwriting decorates the note and it reads 'don't miss me too much now, darling. I will be back soon ;) WITH SWEETS!!! ᕙ(‾̀◡‾́)ᕗ'

Newt take the note in his hands and roll his eyes. nevertheless, He hold it close to his heart and wish for her safe return because, she gets too much in trouble and in the end, even the cleverest will have a weakness.

and Genevieve doesn't shy away from showing her love for him to everyone. Fun fact, she has no regard for Newt's personal space, when they are alone she would not let him go. Even if it meant going inside water to feed the Kelpie. Newt doesn't minds, he thought of her like a clingy kitten, which he clearly adored. But she knows he's not comfortable in showing all that in public so all they do is hold hands, and kiss.

 so she doesn't mind bursting into the his room and sitting beside him, presenting yet another bouquet of flowers, "for you, pretty boy."

Her pretty eyes twinkling, with a toothy grin. Now who would reject the pampering from someone they love so dearly? a confession on a starry night once fell from her lips, "my heart is yours, you know. do with it what you want."

it's the love and care that is effortlessly shown in her actions and he always let her know that he appreciate it every single time.

He cup her face and press a big smooch on her cheek and a grin is automatically plastered on her pretty face. because as beautiful as an action can be, it needs to be acknowledged and appreciated to reflect the same beauty to the giver. And a giver was what he longed for all his life. 

And there she was, beside him.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼