Pt. 4?? Idk

(This is super short but 🕴️)

Arlo was the first one awake. He liked mornings. The sun was rising, the air was always crisp and the sky was always a lovely shade of pink and orange. It was calming and the best time to clear your mind.

He sat up and stretched, then looked to his side where Hira was still asleep. He would have to get up for work in a little bit so he decided to let him sleep while he got up.

He quietly opened the door and snuck out, walking through the hall of their small apartment. It was nothing special, but they decorated the place to make it a little more homier. He went to the kitchen, turning on the kettle and looking inside the mostly empty fridge. There was some food that was still good and he pulled it out.

After making his cup of tea and warming up a small meal, he sat at the counter, then heard a buzzing noise from the table in the living room. He peeked into the hallway where his and Hira's room was, and after making sure he hadn't woken up, he went over and opened the drawer, pulling his holo out. It was a message from Veska, saying that she had something important to talk to him about. Arlo had to think about it for a moment, and told her he could be there later tonight.

"Arlo?" A familiar voice croaked.

Arlo flinched, quickly stuffing the holo in his pocket and turning to see Hira. His hair was messy like it was every morning, and he wore his gray sweatpants.

"What are you doing?" Hira asked, sticking his hand underneath his glasses to rub his eye.

Arlo hesitated. It had been so hard to not tell Hira. They never kept secrets from each other, but Veska explicitly stated to him that he wasn't to tell anyone. He swallowed and got up.

"Nothing. I— I just... dropped something." He lied, which only made Hira more suspicious.

Hira stared at him for a second, doing some kind of calculations in his head, then crossed his arms, now more awake. "Are you lying to me, Lo?"

Arlo looked down, and Hira frowned, narrowing his eyes.

"Arlo," He pressed, growing impatient.

Arlo swallowed, taking his holo out. Hira took it and read the messages. He didn't know what it was about, but he knew that Veska was one of the leaders of the resistance and his fiancé was lying to him.

He looked at Arlo, expression unreadable.

"I was only doing reconnaissance for Veska, there's no need to worry," Arlo tried to calm him down, but that only seemed to make Hira mad.

"I told you not to get involved with this, that it was too dangerous, and you went behind my back." He said, exasperated.

Arlo winced, feeling bad for going against his fiancé's wishes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lied."

"No, you shouldn't have," Hira snapped, throwing his hands up. "All I wanna do is keep you safe, and you're not listening to me."

"I'm sorry, Hira," Arlo looked up at him. "I really am, but if there's anything I can do for my planet, I have to. I can't watch it fall apart, and I owe so much to Veska. This is the least I can do for her."

Hira frowned. He knew how much Arlo loved his home, and how much he cared for Veska and his family. Even though he wanted him to stay safe, he understood why he was doing this. But he couldn't justify it if it meant he could get hurt badly.

"I just don't want you getting hurt." He said, his tone softening, hints of doubt and fear making its way through the cracks. Arlo took his hands.

"I won't. I promise." He replied, and Hira squeezed his hands. "I can take care of myself. I'm always careful."

Hira still seemed unsure, but he knew he couldn't stop him no matter how many times he tried. He'd rather have Arlo doing these things with his knowledge rather than being oblivious to the fact when something bad could happen. Arlo gave him a small smile. He picked up on Hira's emotions and could always sense when something wasn't right. He always gave him constant reassurance.

"I'll be okay, I promise. This is something I have to do." He looked into Hira's eyes pleadingly, holding his face. Hira sighed. He couldn't say no to him.

"Alright," He caved, sighing. "But don't get into any trouble, alright? Stay safe."

Arlo smiled, giving him a peck on the lips. "You won't even notice I'm gone."

"Yeah, right." Hira rolled his eyes. "How am I gonna wake up without you sleep talking next to me?"

Arlo scoffed. "I do not sleep talk!"

"You do." Hira grinned.

Arlo frowned. "I don't."

"Uh, yeah you do. I can even imitate you," Hira cleared his throat, then began to speak. "I love Hira. He's so great, and handsome, and smart."

Arlo's mouth gaped open. "I don't sound like that!" He exclaimed.

Hira softly laughed, holding his face in his hands. "Seriously, though," he said, his tone turning more serious for a second. "I want you to be super careful, okay? I don't want you getting hurt."

"I will." Arlo promised, and Hira nodded before planting a kiss on his forehead.