GESKA

(In light of hearing Goodluck, Babe on the radio for the first time I made some Geska for the soul 🤲)
(Takes place when they're 14. From Gia's POV becuz Idk how I could write this third person 😭)

As they danced around the room, I stood afar at my post, watching them yearningly. I was jealous. I was jealous when I knew I shouldn't be, when I knew how bad it could end for me.
My eyes weren't set on him, no, but the beautiful girl he held delicately in his arms as he spun her around the dance floor. Solier's princess, who wasn't allowed to be anything but perfect. She was a vision, with her silky gown, long hair that cascaded down her back, and sparkling smile. The epitome of every girl's dreams. And there she was, dancing with him.

He doesn't deserve her. I thought, but nobody does. He could probably give her a better life than I could. He could make her happy, yet here I was, always somehow finding myself lying next to her, running my fingers through her braids. I had been the only one able to calm her down on those nights when she and her father were in a fight. When the Governor's daughter was at her worst, it was me she had called for, and I came, ready to comfort her.

I'd do it a million times again if she needed me to.

But this is not what you are supposed to be doing, the voice in my head would always remind me, and it was right.
I couldn't help but look at them, at him, as they danced together. She was smiling. That perfect facade she put on in front of an audience. It wasn't genuine, yet her beauty could not be denied.

I could only imagine how they looked.
And as much as I wanted to be in his place, dancing with her, being her prince, I couldn't be. It was a fantasy, a dream that could never be achieved.

I can only ever want and love her from afar, behind closed doors. I could never truly be hers, and she could never truly be mine.

As the song ended, and the pair took a bow to each other, my face started to feel hot as tears clouded my vision. I looked down, and I hadn't even noticed her step away from the dance floor until she stood before me, her hand reaching out for mine.

She had seen my pain, the conflict, the heartbreak. And she understood.

I hesitated, looking around the room to see if anyone was watching. She stood there patiently, a warm smile casted on her face, this time a genuine one.

It was just the two of us in the room.

I reached for her hand and she intertwined our fingers together. She gave it a tight squeeze and led me away and outside to the garden. It was a full moon tonight, and it casted a warm and comforting glow across her face.
I loved her. I had known this for a long time. But it was the first time I admitted this to myself.

Her gaze was fixed on me, as if she was trying to read me. I stood nervously, feeling like I was about to crawl out of my own skin.

"May I have this dance?" She asked, and I could tell she was being careful, like I was going to run away at any moment.
She stepped closer and grabbed my hands, placing one on her waist and holding the other. I swallowed, and felt myself shaking. I didn't know how to dance.

She placed her free hand on my shoulder and smiled. She looked into my eyes with an expression that could only mean love. I began to calm down, and I returned her smile, blinking away the lingering tears.

"I don't really know how to dance," I mumbled quietly, and she giggled softly. She began to lead, slowly at first, and gradually gained speed.
We were in sync, and for a moment I forgot we were in a garden. For that moment it was only us, and nothing could get in the way of it. I drowned the whole world out. She was my entire focus, and I was hers.

We didn't need words. Our dance spoke for us.

Her smile never left her face, and she closed her eyes, humming the tune. It was beautiful. She was beautiful.

I could not take my eyes off her.

She opened her eyes and we slowed down until we were swaying.

My breath hitched. She was so close. Her lips were right there, and I was so tempted to kiss her, but I didn't. Instead, she closed the gap between us and kissed me.

I froze.

She was kissing me, and my heart was pounding so hard I thought it would break out of my chest.

She was kissing me.

The one I was so afraid of getting caught, the one I had been trying to push down, she was kissing me. And she had been the one to initiate it.
I kissed her back, and it was magical. As I pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her waist, she put her hands around my neck, running them through my hair, and I felt like I was dreaming. I couldn't believe this was happening.

But it was, and she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

I knew I was doomed. I knew it wouldn't last. I knew it couldn't work out.

But it didn't matter, because in this moment, everything was alright.

She was worth the risk.

I am hers, and she is mine.

And I wouldn't change it for the world.