nane angst lol

(made with @ikashe 's lab rats) ((it was made with care I promise))

He sat up, looking down at him, and smiled softly, caressing his cheek. "I love you," he whispered.

Nokah blinked up at him, feeling his eyes become hot with tears as he pulled him down and kissed him. Kane leaned closer, returning the kiss and cupping his cheek.

"I don't want you to leave," Nokah whispered back, and Kane paused, his lips ghosting over Nokah's. He swallowed hard, closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"I know."

"Then stay," said Nokah, wrapping his arms around him and holding him close. Kane rested his forehead against his and sighed. "It's not that simple, Nokah..."

"It can be," He smiled hopefully at him, tracing his hand along his clenched jaw. "We could run away together," He sat up a bit, prompting himself up on his elbow. "You can stay with me."

Kane still looked uncertain. His eyes fell downcast, and Nokah cupped the side of his face. "Please? Stay with me?"

Kane looked at him, his eyes filled with tears, and his face scrunched up. "I want to. You know I do."

Nokah could feel the 'but' coming in his sentence and sighed, sitting up. "But what?"

"You know why I can't. Why I won't."

"Yeah, because you're loyal to a man who doesn't deserve it," He spat out, looking away from him. Kane opened his mouth to say something, then closed it. "That's not fair, Nokah."

"When has he ever done anything good for you?" Nokah stared into Kane's eyes. He wanted to argue. He wanted to fight. Anything that could convince him to stay. "When has he ever been a father to you? Why should you listen to him?"

Kane was silent, and Nokah let him process his words, knowing they had struck him.

"He... It's not that easy, Nokah. I'm not like you, I can't just say no. I don't get to decide things for myself."

"That's bullshit." Nokah shook his head, anger flooding through his veins. "I can't believe this."

"What do you want me to do?" Kane snapped, sitting up and glaring at him.

"To stand up for yourself, to do something about it! Stop being afraid of what he'll think or say and start living for yourself."

Kane laughed dryly, standing up and pulling his coat on.

"Are you just gonna ignore me?"

"I need time to think."

"To think about what, Kane?" Nokah got up, following him to his door. "How you'll continue to live the way you are when there's a world out there," He grabbed Kane's wrist. "And someone right here who loves you? And how you'll just... throw that away?" He asked, tears brimming his eyes.

Kane looked at him, his lips pressed in a thin line, his eyes filled with tears.

Nokah opened his mouth, and Kane looked at the ground. "Don't," he said quietly, his voice cracking.

Nokah stared at him, and his shoulders fell. "Kane, please. Just stay." he pleaded. "Whatever you need, I'll help you. I'd do anything for you."

Kane's breath hitched. "Don't say that."

"I would. Because I love you."

"You shouldn't." Kane shook his head, looking back at him.

Nokah didn't know what else to say, or how else to convince him. He'd have to deal with the fact that Kane was leaving, and there was nothing he could do about it. He hated it. He hated that this was happening, that he was letting it happen. That Kane was letting it happen.

He was slowly drifting away from him, and there was no way to pull him back.

Nokah didn't say anything, just wrapped his arms around him as tight as he could, holding onto him. Kane stiffened, then returned the embrace, pressing his face in the crook of his neck.

Nokah didn't want to let go. He didn't want Kane to leave.

"I'm sorry," Kane mumbled, his voice muffled. Nokah rested his chin on his shoulder, grabbing onto his shirt. "I know."