hanahaki//shin soukoku//

*request*

-fluff and bit of angst

-au-atsushi has hanahaki disease.

Warning: characters death

(the request wasn't pacific so no happy ending🤭)

Short(701)
Not canon reaction
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Third person POV

The hanahaki diseases is where the victim of unrequited or the sided love begins to vomit or cough up petals and flowers of a flowery plant growing inside their lungs. Which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated, it ended when the beloved turning their feelings or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal but when removed, the victims romance feelings for the lover also disappear. Atsushi knew about the hanahaki disease because of a book, that was in the orphanage, atsushi didn't believe it.

It sounded so fake but atsushi believes it, when he got the hanahaki disease. Atsushi was horrified as he looks at the bloody petals in his hand, he couldn't believe it. "Oh shit..it real.." Atsushi said as he coughs up a few more, atsushi immediately knew it was akutagawa, atsushi gain feelings for his enemy but akutagawa didn't like atsushi at all and he knew that akutagawa wouldn't return his feelings. Atsushi also didn't want to get the surgery at all so the only choice he had left was to die. Atsushi could accept that, atsushi didn't mind dying.

Atsushi knew that the agency wouldn't accept this so atsushi also decided to keep it a secret, the agency will find out but it will already be too late. Atsushi just sigh as he coughed a few more times and then atsushi clean the mess so there's no evidence behind, kyouka and atsushi live together so he didn't know kyouka finding out. It was really easy to hide it and the hanahaki disease didn't affect atsushi fast, due to atsushi tiger healing, it slows down the process of the hanahaki disease spreading but atsushi knew that he would die, it would just take a lot longer.

The days went by and slowly the hanahaki disease gotten worser, it was now starting to affect atsushi ability. Atsushi couldn't transform into a full tiger, atsushi could feel pain in his lungs, it was hard to breathe and slowly everyone started to noticed something was wrong but atsushi wouldn't say anything, he didn't want anyone to find out about it. "Atsushi..just tell us!" Dazai said as he shakes his students, atsushi just say nothing and just stare at dazai. No one could get a word out of atsushi, atsushi would just ignore them, if they asked questions or change the subject.

The agency members were getting worried and suspicious they wanted to know what was wrong. Atsushi conditions getting worse each day he knew his time was coming to a end so atsushi decided to write a note explaining everything. He didn't want the agency member to blame themselves or anything, it was a quick and simple note, atsushi got got straight to the point and soon the note was finished now he just had to wait until his death.

Soon atsushi death finally came, atsushi was laying on the floor as he coughed up bloody flowers and petals, he couldn't breathe at all, it was a painful death. Atsushi just slowly closed his eyes and he let the darkness take him. Kyouka was the first one to find atsushi, she was crying as she stare at atsushi emotionless body there was bloody flower petals around atsushi mouth. Kyouka was heartbroken, her brother was gone. "Huh?" Kyouka suddenly said as she looked at the note, she slowly read it and then she understood everything. "Goodbye atsushi.." Kyouka softly said with a small smile as tears run down her face, she has to notify the others.

The agency member were upset, their friend was dead, no one wanted to believe it but it was true. Atsushi obviously had a funeral and he was buried that's when the port mafia found out and, akutagawa also found out and he didn't know what to feel about it. He didn't like atsushi, so there was nothing that could be done anyways.

(😭I tried, sorry!! I hope this is what you wanting!!)