Miscommunication

Warnings

May include spoilers for the Chapter II: Act III - Omnipresence Over Mortals.

Y/n pov

It was my 3rd day here at Liyue, and I enjoyed it a lot. Being back in my home nation was quite a thrill.

Though, I soon learned that we were headed towards Inazuma. That was the real purpose of our trip. I was actually quite excited, since I've always wanted to see how the Land of Eternity looked like.

My parents told me that I would never really have a chance to go, since they closed off/denied any entrance there. So, I just looked at pictures. But, it is really different than actually going there, if you know what I mean.

Scaramouche glared at me some more, when I was giggling at his mis-understanding of what the hotel lady had said.

I just realized that he had such a big ego that you couldn't even tell him a joke or something like that...

"Rise and shine, Y/n!" I mumble to myself, ready to set off again!.. On a boat...

I grabbed a my stuff, slinging my bag over my arm.

"You're late." Scaramouche pointed out, when I reached the dock.

"Sorry sorry" I mutter under my breath. Apparently, his hearing wasn't that bad.

"What did you say?" he asks, tsking at the end when I didn't respond.

The boat trip was very quite, like I had predicted. 

I had to share a HUGE room with sCaRaMoUcHe which made my head spin.

Did I have to?....

I mean, I know it would be awkward but... I could've shared a room with ya know... I DON'T KNOW.

THIS IS SO AWKWARDDDD....

"So... Um... Who's taking the beddd?..." I stutter.

I was met with silence, which made it awkwarder.

Hurrying to one of the desks, I placed everything down, speaking up, "I'm going to stay at this table for the night, for you to get a good night's sleep!"

"Hmf. If you insist" he says, not turning around to look at me.

*Morning*

My back was feeling stiff as I opened my eyes, but I felt something soft under me. A bed?

But wasn't.... 

I looked around, realizing that Scaramouche was awake already, pacing the room.

Did we.... Eh, never mind.

"Hurry up. It took you long enough to wake up" he snaps.

I nod and hurry to change into fresh clothing in the washroom..

Near the end of our trip, Scaramouche finally spoke up, asking me a question

FINALLY

"Why haven't you left the Fatui yet?" he asks.

I could feel this as a trick question and I answered cautiously, "Why would I leave? I have everything that I could as for, my lord. There's nothing more I need that I could leave for..."

"Hmf, alright" he replies.

.

.

.

.

We reached Inazuma and yet, I didn't know why we were here.

When I asked, he says "We're going to the Delusion Factory because we are going to capture the Traveler." 

What? 

The trap for the traveler was set up, and who knows what would come up or happen....

As we entered the factory, a thick purple mist was covering up most parts, allowing enemies to hide easily.

"Lord six, everything is prepared as you wanted." a Fatui agent says, bowing along.

"Good, or I would've slit your throats and make sure you listen, or perhaps read more carefully" he snapped.

He walked into the depths of the factory, taking a delusion and examining it carefully.

Suddenly, a huge BOOM sounded, and I pulled out my weapon, alert for any signs of danger.

"It's fine, put your weapon away" Scaramouche says, scowling at the little time he had left.

"The traveler is here, I presume my lord?" I ask.

"Yes. Make sure this lever is always down, and if it somehow is facing upwards, make it face downwards." he tells me again, his patience running low.

"Of course, my lord" I say, trying to reassure him.

He stepped out into a platform that I could thankfully see, and when I saw the traveler, I saw a cute flying thingy that was floating around the traveler.

The lever slowly tilted upwards, and I did my best to keep it downwards.

Suddenly, a fox lady came and handed over something to Scaramouche, but taking the Traveler with her. 

This was very confusing as I heard Scaramouche laugh like a maniac.

"My Lord, is this good news?" I ask, not knowing why this was good.

"Ahahah.. Y/n, this is very good... AHahahahaaha" he continues to laugh, confusing me more.

"What's that thing in your hand?" I ask, realizing it was the thing that fox lady had gave to him.

"Oh this? This is... great. Our business is done here Y/n. Now, let me ask you one more question." He says, NOT answering my question.

I nod, waiting for him to answer.

"Are you going to follow me, even if I don't listen to the Tsaritsa's orders? Or are you going to go back to Snezhnaya and leave me?" He asks slyfully.

"I don't really understand what you are saying, my lord.  Are you... leaving the Fatui?" I ask, stating my conclusion at the end.

"Yes.. Yes yes.. You could put it that way." he says, nodding.

I pause, thinking about this... Scaramouche would kill me if I said no, yes?

"I-I'll come along" I stutter.

"Good" he says, nodding.

This seemed so crazy. Maybe it was just a dream... Right?