13. The Midnight dance.

a/n : Forgot to mention in the rules, but Reader is implied to be shorter than Wriothesley

.

 I cannot dance for the love of god!

It won't be fine! 

✫✫✫

The midnight dance finally begun after a series of drama and chaos between the Viscount, The two Dukes of Fontaine and even the Hydro Archon. 

The drama had attracted quite a lot of nobles to come forth and speak to (y/n) as she was now acquainted to the powerful Duke of Meropide,  however it must be noted that many avoided crossing paths with (y/n), as they feared Wriothesley's wrathful gaze from a distance while he spoke to Neuvillette or Clorinde. 

"Have fun Navia!" (Y/n) cheered her friend as she raised her glass, giving a smile as Clorinde dragged Navia away for the first dance of the night. The hall was quite noisy and loud for the lady, but she stood in a corner, seeing many come forth for the dance of the night with their partners.

Usually she would have either danced with Louis unwillingly or simply stood in the corner like she did right now. Sometimes, Clorinde would drag her to dance. Other than that, the lady always preferred her own company during this time. 

Twirling the wine glass, (y/n) smiled at her reflection as she thought of what would lie ahead. "Today is certainly fun." she said to herself as she muttered it beneath her breath, smiling as she recalled how Louis was dragged out of the banquet for causing an inconvenience.

...

"Oh? My beautiful fiance is standing all alone when the dance is about to begin?" (y/n) heard a familiar voice from where she stood. Though she was slightly under the influence of alcohol from drinking all that wine, she knew it wasn't hallucination. 

"Duke Wriothesley." she called out the man respectfully in a low tone, setting the glass aside onto a table and slightly bowing her head down in respect for the Duke. Wriothesley quickly strode over to where the lady stood and smiled when she looked back up at him.

"Hey! What is everyone going to think of me if you keep looking down like that! I have some reputation you know! You needn't greet me like that, a simple 'Hey' would work too." he said as he laughed and looked over to the center of the banquet as couples, partners and friends were ready to take the dance of the night.