20. Life lines.

❝— Since when were we close enough to confide?

Since when were we close enough to confide?

Is this what having a 'partner' meant? 

TW. MENTIONS OF CHEATING, DEATH & MURDER

(not proof read!

✫✫✫

"Mama!" The young little girl would shout and point her finger at her mother after she found her hiding behind a wall in a game of hide and seek. 

"Little (y/n)! Aw, you caught me~" The woman would fondly say as she bent down on her knees, ruffling her little daughter's hair as she planted a kiss on her forehead, giggling. 

"You're so good at this game (y/n)! Come on let's go find your papa!" (M/n) said as she got up, holding (y/n)'s tiny hands around her finger. 

"Mhm!" The girl eagerly nodded as she quickly paced along. 

Life was peaceful at the (l/n) estate. A hardworking Marquess who ensure that his business ran smoothly and people of Fontaine never had a shortage of medicine and a Marchioness who managed the entire estate. 

"Oh! You caught me!" (F/n) would exclaim as he came out from behind a bunch of barrels, laughing as he picked up (y/n) in his arms, "you're getting too good at this, aren't you?" 

After some giggles and laughs, he would let her stand back on her feet as he looked back at his wife, making more silly conversations upon noticing the dirt stains on (y/n)'s face after she had tripped and fallen earlier.

Life was once peaceful. 

Nevertheless, this perfect frame of happiness would fall apart and shatter as (y/n) paused and looked at her parents, standing beside one another. A crack in between them which grew deeper and eventually shattered. 

And behind the shatter stood the former Viscount of the Whitlock house with a hammer in his hand and a devious look. 

.

.

.

"My mother was married into the (l/n) family through a marriage of convenience. She couldn't deny this marriage and the same was said for Father as well." (Y/n) said as she took a sip of tea.

 Wriothesley was now listening to her narrate her story. Though they have known each other for a few months now, he knew nothing about her or  about her personal family history.