Ch. 18 Filler

I've been writing this shit on and off for a good week. It was supposed to be super long but that'll have to be for the next chapter. I cut this one short.😮‍💨

• •

3:46 p.m.

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜
Walking out of Kyaire's mother's house, I noticed him sitting on the trunk of her car eating his bowl of grapes. He appeared to be taking in everything around him because he was set to head back to the prison in a few hours.

 He appeared to be taking in everything around him because he was set to head back to the prison in a few hours

We'd checked out of the hotel at 11 a.m. and headed back to his mother's house. He wanted to spend his last few hours out with us, so here I was, pretending everything was fine when it wasn't. I'd been avoiding watching the news because I knew they'd mention Montell being found deceased. What made that so much worse was that I was there when it happened.

Kyaire didn't seem the least bit worried and that scared me even more. He just sat there and continued to stuff his face. As he stared at the bowl, I could tell he was in deep thought about something now.

I was in deep with this man and didn't know how to end what we were doing without there being consequences because of my secret or because of what I had witnessed last night

I was in deep with this man and didn't know how to end what we were doing without there being consequences because of my secret or because of what I had witnessed last night. As if any of that wasn't enough, how the hell would I go home and explain the engagement that was all over the internet to my family? I knew it shouldn't have mattered because I was grown, but I hated to disappoint the two most important women in my life. It was hard not to feel bad when they'd been so accepting of me and my lifestyle. I knew some people didn't always get that with their family.

"Your mom is looking for you," I said as I finally walked toward the car. Kyaire looked over his shoulder at me before turning his attention back to his bowl of fruit.