Chapter 14: The difference

Hailey's heart raced as she paced the common room, her fingers tracing the delicate silver pendant that hung from her neck.

"Ugh, he's doing it again," Hailey muttered to her roommates, Grace, Erica, and Blair. They sat huddled on the plush couches, their eyes curious and concerned.

"Doing what?" asked Grace, her dark eyes narrowing.

"He's totally ignoring me," Hailey replied, frustration etching her features. "It's been weeks since Halloween, and he hasn't said a word."

Erica leaned forward, her expression thoughtful. "Maybe he's embarrassed about losing his temper in front of you. You know how proud he is."

"But gifts?" Blair chimed in, her lips curling into a sly smile. "He got you that necklace, didn't he?"

Hailey blushed, her fingers instinctively reaching for the pendant. "Yes," she admitted. "But that's what I don't understand. He gets me gifts, then disappears for weeks. It doesn't make sense."

"Nothing about Draco Malfoy makes sense," Erica mused. "He's been acting suspicious all year. Sneaking off during classes, vanishing for hours. And he's more on edge than usual."

Hailey nodded. "Exactly! His confident stride has turned into something... different."

Erica leaned back, her expression grave. "Listen, Hailey, I've heard whispers. Rumors about the Malfoys. Dark magic, It's dangerous territory."

"But what if Draco is hurting?" Hailey's voice wavered.

Erica's gaze softened. "Maybe. But sometimes, we must protect ourselves first. I'd rather him hurting than you."

Hailey clenched her fists. "You guys just don't understand," she snapped, her frustration boiling over. "I can't ignore this. I won't."

And with that, she stormed out of the common room, leaving her roommates in stunned silence.
______

The castle corridors stretched before Hailey. She had no more classes for the day, and her mind buzzed with questions. Was Draco truly in trouble?

Hailey understood him in ways her roommates couldn't. The Malfoys, strict guardians of their reputation, demanded conformity. But Hailey knew the weight of being different, of yearning for something beyond the confines of bloodlines and tradition.

Her roommates Grace, Erica, and Blair were pure-blood witches, their lives neatly woven into the fabric of the wizarding world. They laughed over spells, gossiped about Quidditch, and reveled in teenage frivolities. But Hailey carried a burden they couldn't comprehend—the pressure of family drama, the ache of unmet expectations.

Erica, the tallest of the group, stood out with her long, straight black hair and icy blue eyes. She exuded maturity, a quiet strength that drew others to her.

She was confident, responsible, not only for others, but herself as well her emotions, by not taking any nonsense from anyone. She was smart, daring, a natural leader.

Versus Grace with her long dirty blonde hair, and bangs. she looked a lot like Hermione Granger actually. With freckles that scatter across her face like constellations. And deep Amber colored eyes.

She was the youngest, but not immature in anyway, just a tad bit childish. She was always very cute.

She always had a streak for curiosity. she was clever in her own way, motivated by her desire for fascination with the simplest things.

She was pure, bubbly But very introverted. It takes her a while to adjust a new people. She's very sensitive, but in a good way.

But Blair on the other hand, she is vary outgoing, a social butterfly. She loves talking to people, and values the power of words which makes her a naturally good communicator.

She is a pure romantic.
She always tries to charm the boys with her looks and Witt . But she really is a bit insecure, but never shows it.

she is very fashionable. And is always wearing cute little accessories to spice up her look.

The reason for this she claims is that without it, she would look too plain with her short, brunette hair that falls right above her shoulders, and hazel green eyes is apparently too typical.
but honestly I think she's beautiful just the way she is.

She is very creative in an eloquent sense. and loves the sound of fancy long words. (That usually no one understands.) which makes her very poetic. But overall, she's a very lighthearted person.

But Hailey was just plain old Hailey. She was a mud blood, and she wasn't smart academically. The only thing she really knew how to do was draw. her and her mother used to paint when she was young, And she's been doing it ever since.

She was just a girl with pretty brown eyes and a mind full of thoughts...