Chapter 33: Master plan

"You are fucking with me. That's messed us", Philip growled after I told him and Justin what happened between Lawrence and Maya. "Unfortunately, I'm not. Lydia sent me a photo you know how she is". "She said it was authentic?", that was all Justin asked.

He had been quiet since he started talking about the scenario. We had already reviewed the strategy for the expansion of Philip's company. We had agreed on a way forward so, we decided to go out for dinner. We started ordering drinks and before I knew it, I was telling them about what happened.

"Yeah, she triple-checked. Her words not mine", I assured them. He took his drink and took a little sip, he looked deep in thought, then released a breath.

"Now I know why you came up with that idea, it kind of makes sense. That idiot deserves to burn", he said and something about his voice seemed wicked. "Wait... wait... wait... What are you guys up to? I feel like I'm in the middle of this roller coaster and only you guys know where we're heading. What's going on Aubrey? What do you intend to do?", Philip asked. He looked curious and excited at the same time.

I wondered why, it scared me a bit. I looked at Justin and he nodded, I guess he trusted him. "Well if you must know, I intend to start a company", "Okay, that is concerning Lawrence how exactly?", he asked, finally giving me all his attention, his drink long forgotten.

"I'm going to start a solar energy company. Something that will get his attention and I'm going to make it the best in the country", I said with a smirk.

"You're not serious. Justin are you okay with this?", he asked and although he intended to look concerned, he looked excited. "Well after hearing this bullshit, I'm in", Justin said and I toasted to him. We drank our whiskeys.

"Should I be part of this conversation? I feel like there's a conflict of interest you know, considering I work with you guys so I'm terrified of the look that I see on your faces right now. Should I be concerned... you know, for future reference? I feel like should if there will be a case of us getting in any quarrels", he asked making us chuckle.

"Not at all, one advantage you have with me is, that you are my godson. I can't do anything about it besides smacking you now and then, other than that I'll just ask Speranza to handle you", Justin said then took another sip, looking at Philip.

He looked terrified. This is the second time Speranza has been mentioned and he looked terrified of being on the wrong side of her. I hope this time around when I meet Speranza, I'll remember to ask her why Philip is so scared of her.

"So what's the plan, I mean if you're looking for partners to invest with you I'm in. I have some connections and people that can handle the groundwork for us, make a nice setup, give us advanced technology I mean, if you're interested", Philip suggested and it made me smile and then nod.

What more could I need? Having the number one billionaire in the country partner with me is more than I deserve.

"Oh, this is going to be good. I'll get the papers started", he said and offered my glass for toast. "Wait, what about your young sister? I mean, we don't want her to be caught in the crossfire do we?", he asked sounding concerned. I wasn't.

"She chose her side, she hasn't shown her face at home ever since we had the confrontation. It has been 2 weeks, rumour has it, she lives in one of Lawrence's apartments as his mistress so we can proceed", I said then drank a bit of my whiskey to ease the pain I felt.

"Aubrey, are you sure this is okay? She's still your young sister. She's young, she's probably just obsessed with a crush. Do you think it's wise for us to proceed with punishing her like this?", Justin asked. "Yes Justin, I'm quite sure. I know what I'm doing, she needs to learn. This is the only way",  "If you say so. What does Simone have to say about all of this?", "Nothing, all I know is she's very disappointed in Maya. This is one thing that we never expected from her and the fact that she admitted to her face that she's in love with Lawrence, has been since day one, leaves no room for going back", I said even though it was hard for me to say it out loud.

My phone started ringing and when I looked it was Ajax. I had to excuse myself and go at a distance where I could talk to him freely.

"Hey gorgeous, how did your day go?", he asked with a calm voice making me smile. I always loved talking to Ajax on the phone. There's something about his voice that made me want to smile like a crazy person. "I am fine and the meeting went well we're just having dinner and a couple of drinks", I said but was awarded with silence.

"Ajax, I'm not alone with him. Justin is here as well. There is nothing to worry about", I heard him release a breath. "That's better, to be honest even though he hasn't done anything to make me hate him. I'm not comfortable with you being far away with that Philip guy. He looks at you with that eye", he said making me chuckle. "What are you talking about? What eye? You're just exaggerating", I said. "No, I am not. I know when someone is lusting over my girl. You can't see it because you're a girl. He wants you Brey", he said making me laugh, he laughed too.

"I missed your voice and I miss being with you. When are you coming back?", he asked making me pull back and look at the calendar on my phone. "In 3 days. I'll be back in 3 days", I said making him hum in approval. "Coming to think of it, 3 days sound like a year", he said making me laugh again.

I'm thankful that he had that tendency to make me forget about my crazy life by just talking. "You're one crazy boyfriend. I miss you too", I said making him laugh.

I closed my eyes and imagined his face. My one-night stand... who would have known that he would become something much more?

"Okay gorgeous, get back to having fun and make sure that rich boy doesn't touch you. I mean it this time", he said and I replied with a "Yes Sir", and then hung up.

When I was walking back to the table, I got another notification from Lydia. I clicked to open and it was an interview. Apparently, Lawrence called for a conference with the reporters but that's not what surprised me... it was the one sitting next to him that did. I stood in my tracks and watched.

One reporter asked, "Are the rumours we're hearing about you having an affair with Maya Kendricks true?".