Chapter 65: Family is everything

I was sitting at the restaurant waiting for the Caddels. I invited them for dinner to talk about what Elias and Crystal told me. I was certain that it wasn't true but it was eating me up for days and I needed to talk to them about it.

"Someone's early. If I knew you missed us this much, I would have prepared a nice home-cooked meal for us", Lilian said. "And that would have been your treat Lily, not mine", I said as I hugged her then Liam. He pulled a chair for her and then sat after her.

We ordered and decided to get to it. "Is everything ok Aubrey?", Liam asked. He was good at observing things. "Sort of... guys can I ask you something random?", I said and they nodded. "Do you own Estell Investment Corporation?", "I do, why?", Lilian said then sipped her wine. "As in you own a company?", I asked. I always thought she was a housewife. "Yes, Aubrey. Did you think I was a housewife?", she asked with a smile. "I mean yes, you're always home", I defended myself.

"Aubrey, I deal with investments. If a company has potential but needs a fund boost, I offer it and they return over time, with interest of course. Forever Bright is one of them. I'm always at home because I have someone running it for me. And I hate the serious side of corporate life. Parties I can handle but board meetings... no thank you", she said surprising me even more. "What else did they tell you?", Liam asked. He was more quiet than usual.

I decided to tell them everything Lawrence's parents said.

"Do you believe them?", Liam asked while looking at me in the eyes. "Of course not. Why would you even ask me that", I said confidently. "Good. Aubrey, you and Simone are everything to us. You are a family that we've always wanted. Sure we can be overprotective but we would never let anyone hurt you. Never", Lilian said and it made me smile.

"If you find out that we did do what Elias said we did. Would you hate us?", Liam asked making me furrow my brows. "Honestly, no... I know for a fact that if someone did what Lawrence did to my Aiden or Adeline then they would be buried six feet under", I said and he smiled. "Good. We're on the same page then", Liam said and we toasted to it.

Like I said the Caddels I knew, wouldn't hurt a fly.

When I got home I found Ajax passed out on our bed with Aiden sleeping on his back and Adeline hugging his arm like a pillow. It was so adorable. I took a picture and sent it to Simone who was on a vacation with Jason's family.

Simone: 🥹🥹

Simone: This is priceless.

Simone: You should print it.

Simone: Put it on the wall.

Me: Relax will ya!

Me: It's just a photo.

Simone: 🧘🏾‍♀️🧘🏾‍♀️

Me: It's cute though

Me: I'm framing it.

Simone: 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾

Simone: Atta girl!

Me: How's the vacation?

Simone: Magical

Me: Enjoy!

Me: Love you...

Simone: 🚀➡️🌚➡️🌍

Me: You're such a child

Simone: 🤣🤣🤣💁🏾‍♀️

I took the babies to their room and then took a shower. I woke Ajax up because I was not about to attempt suicide by lifting him. "Shit! Where're the twins?", he asked while getting out of bed. "I took them to the nursery", I said and got between the sheets. He went to the bathroom then returned to bed and slept like a normal person.

I looked at his lightly snoring form and smiled. He's my happy place.

《《《Four Months Later》》》

"Justin, I can't leave my babies alone regardless of how important this event is", I whined when Justin said we had to go launch our new branch in Asia which was a result of rapid business growth brought to Fiducia by Kenzo Takehiko's partnership. "Aubrey, you have never missed a launch of a new office in the history of Fiducia you won't start today. We're leaving at 2 pm and I will have you back to my amazing niece and nephew in four days. Thanks", he said and walked out of my office.

I released a breath and told Nico about the trip. I had to go home and pack because I had four hours to get my ass at the airport.

I found my babies crawling in the living room while their Dad watched TV. He was sitting on the floor with them. "That's awesome news baby. Congratulations! I believe Justin has a valid point. Go do your job gorgeous. We'll be fine", he said then hugged me. His 6.2 ft toned frame swallowed me in the process. It felt good. I felt less guilty for leaving my babies.

I felt my leg being pulled and when I looked down, it was Addy. She started babbling making me smile. I carried her to our bedroom and placed her on the floor, she started crawling all over the place which didn't worry me because Ajax baby-proofed the whole house when they started crawling.

I finished packing my bags, returned Addy to her Dad kissed all three of them then left.

"Welcome to my city Aubrey", Kenzo said when we arrived. "Thank you for having us", I said then stepped away allowing him to greet Justin as well. He gave us a quick tour before taking us to the hotel. One of his.

I called Ajax the moment I was settled to check on the babies and they were already asleep. The time difference was also an issue but I kept telling myself three days to go.

"Look at you? I can't believe I owe Justin five dollars", Lydia whined the moment I reached the new branch office. "You guys bet on me?", "More of, a bet on if you will be able to leave the twins", she said as if it was different from what I said.

"When I first met Aubrey, I thought she was too ambitious. I mean, she was right... the distribution industry did require a revamp. I just wondered what she was thinking. It was a huge vision for one to embrace alone but then, I started working with her. If the age gap is still a mystery to you, allow me to put it out there. I decided to follow someone who is seven years younger than me... let it sink in", Justin said making people laugh at his worried expression. He was at the podium that was right next to the entrance doors that had a huge green ribbon on it.

"Fiducia has been the most successful project I've ever been part of, I am proud and honored to still be part of the Fiducia family. I am proud of today's achievement. Our tenth branch and country. With that being said I welcome Fiducia's Founder and President. Miss Aubrey Kendriks to officially launch our new branch", he said making me stand and reach for the scissors. I cut the ribbon and opened the doors.

People cheered and clapped.

It was a good feeling.

I was sitting on the hotel bed breast pumping when my phone started ringing. It was a video call from Simone. I answered and saw a hand with a ring. "Guess who said yes!!", Simone screamed making my eyes go wide with shock.