Chapter 63: Am i a bad sister?

"Sis, I can explain", Simone said and I remained quiet. "I found her on the streets, she was walking aimlessly so I followed her. She ended up meeting some creepy guy in an alley. She wanted to buy drugs from him. I stopped her and I didn't know what to do so I called Simone and she thought bringing her here was the best option", Jason explained.

I looked at Maya and she looked so thin. Her skin was dry, I could see needle holes all over her forearms, and she looked like she hadn't taken a shower for a very long time. It was heartbreaking. I decided to walk out of Ajax's office like I didn't see anything.

It was too much.

I returned to the car and Jenkins took me home. I found my babies playing in the nursery with the nannies. They smiled when they saw me and started clapping their tiny hands. They looked so cute.

I washed my hands and started playing with them. Aiden was too busy eating a fire truck while Adeline was more into bonding with me which I was grateful for even though Maya's face was still stuck to my head.

It was a lot to take in.

"I've been looking for you the whole day. Lawrence's parents came to the office and wanted to see you. I told them to come tomorrow. What do you think it's about?", Lydia asked then sanitized her hands and took Aiden. He looked happy to see her and started clapping. "Aaawww, I missed you too handsome", she said then tickled him, it made him laugh... so cute.

Ok, I admit. I'm so obsessed with my children. I think part of it is because they look so much like their father. I love that man that I'm hopeless at this point. And another part is because they're so cute.

Talk about a walking kryptonite.

"I don't know, I've only met them a handful of times. So what did you tell them?", I asked. "I told Nico to book your calendar for tomorrow afternoon. It was the only free time available", she said and I nodded.

"Jason found Maya buying drugs in the streets", "What? No way... wasn't she living with Lawrence?", she asked. "She was. He must have kicked her out when he was done with the charade. He was never like this", I said recalling how he used to make me smile and just enjoy life. "Love can make you do a lot of things", she said then looked at Aiden who only smiled.

"Lydia, am I bad sister?", I asked her after feeling the guilt creeping in me. "No, no Aubrey, why would you think that?", she said as the nannies came to take the twins... it was bath time. "I was just thinking that maybe, if I stopped them in the beginning then none of this would have happened. I'm her sister. I was supposed to know better and now she's a junkie", I said, and before I knew it a tear fell to my chest.

"I was a junkie once. I almost got suspended in college all because I thought the guy I gave my all to and who was also doing drugs would be mine forever. He was from a respected family and we bonded over beer pong. He was... is the only man who owns my heart to this day. The only thing that saved me from that path was my family. Look, I'm not Maya's fan. She's just an ungrateful brat. Always has been but she loved you. I don't know what came over her but she loves you. If you want to help her then do it but don't expect her to return the favour. That's all I have to say", Lydia said and I was shocked.

In all my years of working with her, she had never opened up to me. Not even once. I saw her eye fucking a couple of guys but never made a move. Her priority was always work and now I know why.

"Who is he?", I asked not willing to let the opportunity pass. "Who's what?", she asked while standing up and taking her things. Hell no... she was not going to leave me hanging. I rushed to the nursery door and locked it then put the key in my very full and painful boobs.

"You need to go breast pump", she said as if she didnt tell me anything. "You're fucking with me, right? Who was it? You're not leaving until I know who broke your heart", I said making her release a breath and then look at the ceiling. "Fine! His name is Lloyd Bradley... Lawrence's brother-in-law. Can I go now?", she said and my jaw was on the floor. "Yes... he left me for Hellen, she promised him a job at her father's law firm while I only promised him, my undying love. I guess Patty was right, sometimes love is just not enough", she said and I could see the pain in her eyes.

I pulled her in a hug. She held me tighter. "I think after looking at me. We can agree that love can be enough. You just need to find the one that matters. Right?", I said and she nodded. A tear fell from her left eye and I wiped it away. "I'm gonna find you a sugar daddy", I said then wiggled my brows. "Eeeww! No thank you", she said then took the keys from my boob and opened the door. "See you tomorrow Boss", she said without looking back.

I went to check on my babies and they were done with the bath. "Need any help? I have almost bursting boobs right here", I asked the nannies which made them giggle. "I think that's a good idea. Let's put our pjs on and we will bring them to your room", Teddy said making me nod.

Waiting for them gave me time to clean my boobs with a warm towel. I sat in the middle of the bed and put two pillows on each of my thighs ready to be a human buffet.

"Who is that? Is that Mama?", Meimei asked Aiden who started laughing. They positioned the babies on each of my breasts and left. Aiden was super hungry which made him choke a couple of times while Adeline was calm. Her latch on my breasts was not as strong either but she hated when someone disturbed her meal. I almost fell asleep when Aiden started slapping my boob and laughing at the sound. "What got you all excited?", I asked making him stop and laugh.

Weird baby...

The door opened and Ajax walked in. I rolled my eyes which made him raise a brow. "Was I not supposed to return home?", he asked making me smile. "It's not you trust me. I'm just observing the bromance", I said while pointing at Aiden who was already looking at him. "Hey buddy!", he said then approached the bed. Aiden went back to latching my boob the moment his father wanted to lift him. "Snitch", he said then kissed my forehead.

"We took her to rehab. Liam made the call so they accepted her. We're not allowed to see her until three months have passed", he said then went to the bathroom.