PROLOGUE

"Pa-shout out po kay Press Kenji, crush po kita!"

~From your secret admirer

A loud gasp spread across the room as Press Kenji read the message out loud. A smirk formed on his lips as he addressed the gathered crowd, “Kung sino man ang nakakakilala sa nagpa-shoutout sa akin, bring that girl to me. Para mapabilis, I will give 10K sa makakapagdala sa kanya dito sa akin.”

The room buzzed with excitement. 10K was a lot of money, and people began whispering to each other, trying to guess who the secret admirer might be. My heart sank as I glanced at my best friend, Rynzell, who was eyeing me with a mischievous grin. Before I could react, she raised her hand and shouted, “Press! Ito siya!”

My jaw dropped. “Don’t tell me ipagpapalit mo ako sa pera, Rynzell!” I whispered fiercely.

She shrugged apologetically, a playful glint in her eye. “Sorry, bestie, pero pera na 'yon. You know I need the cash.”

“Hay*p lang hiya! F.O. na tayo, Rynzell! Di na kita love!” I retorted, tears of betrayal welling up in my eyes.

Press was walking over to where we were standing, his steps slow and deliberate. He was every bit the confident heartthrob everyone talked about—tall, handsome, with a presence that commanded attention.

“So,” he began, his voice low and teasing as he came to a stop in front of us, “You have a crush on me, huh? I thought you hated me?”

I was at a loss for words, my face heating up in embarrassment. “I—uh—um…”

Press chuckled softly, leaning in closer. “Bakit mo ako inunahan mag-confess? I was planning to confess to you today. Matagal ko na itong pinag-isipan, and today was the day I was finally going to do it.”

My eyes widened in shock. “You… you were?”

He nodded, his expression turning serious. “Yeah. I know we've had our fights, and I thought you'd reject me, but... there's something about you, something I can't help but be drawn to. I don't why i fall to someone like you but i just know one thing that i love you you are the first ever girl make my heart skip the beats.

I stood there, stunned, unable to process what he was saying. Was this really happening? My heart pounded in my chest as he continued speaking.

“I know we’ve had our differences,” he said, “But I’ve realized that sometimes, the person you think you can't stand ends up being the person you can't live without.”

I blinked, trying to make sense of his words. Was he serious? Did Press Kenji actually like me back?

Before I could say anything, Press held out a bouquet of roses. “So, what do you say? Can we start over?”

I stared at the flowers, my mind racing. If this was a dream, I never wanted to wake up anymore.