[08] First Day of School

For the first time in Katsuki's life, he finds himself at a loss for words.

What kind of sick joke is this? It hasn't even been that long since the two of you met, and he made sure to declare his name, loud and clear.

He's Bakugou Katsuki. He's the coolest kid in the world, blessed with an incredible Quirk, and he has no doubt that one day, he'll surpass All Might as the Number One Hero.

And yet, you say you don't remember his name? Is such a thing even possible? He's the type of kid who leaves a lasting impression, no matter the time or place. No one who's been lucky enough to meet him has ever, ever forgotten what his name is.

At least, not until today.

"Don't... don't say stupid crap," Katsuki stammers. He swallows hard; for some reason, there's a lump in his throat. "I know you remember me, stupid girl. Playing dumb won't make a difference at this point."

"I remember Izuku," you say, pointing to the curly-haired boy in question. Then, you shrug your shoulders nonchalantly. "But I didn't bother memorizing your name, since I don't like you very much. Actually, I don't like you at all."

Katsuki can feel his entire body trembling with rage, and to make matters even worse, several of his classmates have turned their heads and are now watching the scene unfold.

In Katsuki's eyes, he's always been the best. Ever since his Quirk manifested, or rather, even before that, his confidence has known no bounds. The universe blessed him with immeasurable power, and at the same time, cursed him with a remarkably inflated ego.

He's gifted. He's strong. To top it all off, he's smart too.

So then, why are you staring at him as if you genuinely don't give a single fuck?

"What's wrong, blond guy?" you frown. "You're making a funny face. Ah, don't tell me. Are you constipated? Aizawa says it's important to go to the bathroom on time and not to hold it in. Otherwise, you might-"

"Shut your goddamn mouth!"

Without even thinking twice, Katsuki swings his fist at you, detonating an explosion at the very same time. Of course, using Quirks inside the classroom is absolutely not permitted, but right now, he's too furious to even care.

He wants to punch that stupid, pretentious face of yours. He wants to put you in your place and prove exactly how much better he is than you.

But it looks like today just isn't Katsuki's day, because not only do you manage to sidestep him, demonstrating impressive reflexes, but the teacher chooses to walk into the classroom at that exact moment.

"Bakugou!" she cries out. "What in the world are you doing?!"

He's in trouble now. He's in big, big trouble.

And you must realize it too, since all of a sudden, you're giggling.

"Haha," you muse. "You did something dumb, and now the teacher's angry with you."

Katsuki slams his little fist against one of the desks, just barely suppressing the urge to scream. He knew he had a bad feeling about you from the first moment you met. He knew you were bound to be nothing but a giant pain in his ass.

There's no doubt about it anymore.

Katsuki fucking despises you.

"You can't attack your classmates," the teacher chides. She grabs him and pulls him away from you, then crosses her arms in frustration. "I'm going to let you off with a warning today, but if I ever see you using your Quirk or trying to hurt someone again, next time, I'll be telling your parents. Am I understood?"