thirteen.

It was Wednesday of the next week and Haiden had just came over from the gym this morning, he sat on the sofa with Jagger while I made them all breakfast because Paige and Christian were grocery shopping.

I was doing the dishes and I looked up to see Haiden already staring at me, "what?" I asked and he just smile, "you know how beautiful you are Presley?" He asked and I giggled while not fully accepting that compliment. "I'm being serious..." he said and I just rolled my eyes while drying my hands on a new towel.

   "Haidennn can you massage my back?" I asked while laying across him on the sofa, he groaned but obeyed my request while watching tiktok in one hand. "Pres?" He asked after stopping about 10 minutes later, "aww man that felt good." I whined and Haiden smacked my ass. "Oww you jerk!" I yelled.

"You wanna get a tattoo?" He asked once I sat up, I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "That was random..." "so you wanna get one?" He repeated and I thought about that for a quick minute. "What are you gonna get?" "A lion on my quad." Haiden outlined his leg after quickly answering, I had to think about where and what I wanted. "You should get my name." Haiden nudged me and I just stared, "yeah no."

   I looked on Pinterest for a few minutes because now Haiden got that thought stuck in my head. I finally decided on a tattoo but I didn't know where to get it, I showed Haiden and he agreed and told me to get it on the inside of my arm. "Why not!" I told myself and he squeezed my thigh and helped me up as we heard Paige and Christian get home from the store.

   "Hey Paige?" I asked and she 'mhmmed' while setting down her groceries, "can you write the word fearless on a paper for me?" She looked at me for a second but shrugged and walked over, "here you go Pres." Paige said then slide the paper over to me and disappeared to the sofa.

"What are you two gonna do?" Christian asked after sitting down next to his wife, Lennon came running down the stairs, chasing Jagger as soon as they heard the groceries were here. I laughed at both kids and how they 'fought' while Paige rolled her eyes, "I bought a cookie for both of you geez." She said then walked over to the kitchen to help her two kids fighting as Christian was simply playing on his phone.

   Lennon sat in between Haiden and I after getting her cookie, "anyways, what were you guys gonna do?" Paige asked, "we're gonna go get a tattoo." Haiden responded while Paige and Christian looked at me in shock. "You're getting a tattoo?" Christian asked and I slowly nodded, "is that okay?" I asked and he nodded back. "I mean yeah, you're 18..."

"You guys are acting weird..." I said and Christian shrugged, "no that's fine by me- well I'm not even your parent but yes, you can get a tattoo." He said and I smiled then looked over at Paige who was laughing. "Presley I thought you were scared of needles?" I glared at her as soon as she said that because I knew Haiden would make fun of me. "Ohh no, you're gonna be that kid at the doctors." Haiden mocked me and I glared at Paige, "great going." She mouthed 'sorry' while Haiden kept laughing and so was Christian.

   Haiden and I left the house and we argued the whole car ride to the tattoo shop, "you are not going to get an ugly lion-" I began but got cut off, "woman I will pay for your tattoo too if you let me get this." He said and I went quiet. "How big are you getting it?" Haiden traced almost his whole quad at the next red light, I rolled my eyes but stayed quiet about my opinion because I didn't really wanna pay for my tattoo.

"Okay you first?" Haiden asked once we signed the paperwork, I looked at him and fake laughed, "you're funny, no." I said and dropped my smile as he just returned a smirk and rested a hand on my thigh as we sat down and waiting to get called back.

   My heart was beating almost out of my chest and I knew I was having an anxiety attack but I reminded myself to take deep breaths. "You okay?" Haiden noticed and I shook my head no, "nervous?" "Very."

"Presley you don't have to get one..." he began but I shook my head as the tattoo artist called us back, "no I'll be fine, you just have to go first." I said as he squeezed my hand to agree and I felt a little relief.

   Luckily the shop wasn't too busy so Haiden and I were gonna get our tattoo's done at the same time except his was going to probably take a lot longer than mine. I finally decided on a spot and the lady cleansed the area and luckily Haiden's chair was close enough to where I could hold his hand with my left hand. "Okay Presley, you're going to feel the needle, you let me know if it's too much and I need to stop." The kind girl said while putting her blonde hair back into a ponytail, I nodded and took deep breaths while telling her the spot was correct and she dipped the pen in ink as I held my breath.

***