sixteen.

The next day Jagger woke me up bright and early in order to get ready for the race, I looked at Haiden's t-shirt in my carry-on and looked at it for a second then I reached for the tank top underneath it.

"You're not wearing any Yamaha shirt?" Christian asked while I took a drink of water and I shook my head then he shrugged and thought nothing of it thankfully as I adjusted my jeans. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded as Jagger came running into the room with his hat in his hand, "let's go, we need to be early!" The kid yelled and I groaned while he helped me up from the couch and over to the elevator.

   I looked down at my phone on the car ride to the stadium and saw there was a text from Haiden this morning, I lowered my brightness then opened the message and quietly sighed before reading the paragraph.

Haiden: Presley please don't do this right now, you know I'm nervous
but you aren't a distraction, don't turn on me please. I love you and I
know you love me too but if this one argument is going to ruin us, then
my race tonight will be done for...

I didn't know how to respond to that so I decided to leave him on read until we got to the stadium because then I would be able to talk to him in person and figure all this 'drama' out.

   Jagger ran ahead of us after we got in the stadium and got our passes. We walked over to Yamaha and I kept reminding myself that everything was fine because I did not need a panic attack to happen right now.

"Jagger!" I recognized Haiden's voice and looked over my shoulder to see Jagger running up to my boyfriend- or whatever he is right now. Christian walked over towards Yamaha so I followed then planted a fake smile across my face while zoning out from the conversation. "Right Presley?" Haiden nudged my shoulder and my heart started to race, I stood there and tried to control it but nothing was helping so I started taking deep breaths until Christian noticed. "You okay?" He whispered/mouthed and I shook my head while saying no. "Okay Jagger I'm taking Presley to husky, you coming?" I head him ask and stayed put while Christian quickly walked me inside the husky trailer that was a few steps down from Yamaha.

   "Alright what's going on?" He asked and sat across from me after handed a water bottle over, I took a drink then fidgeted with the bottle while explaining a brief story of what was going on between Haiden and I. "That sounds like a bunch of bullshit, but it also sounds like a story for my wife." He said then went on his phone and started to FaceTime Paige, luckily she answered on the first two rings.

   "Hey baby!" She said once seeing Christian, "hey Pres, Lennon look!" The little girl squealed once seeing me on the other side of the screen. "Preseyyy I miss you!" She said and I smiled then waited for Paige. I explained my story again to her and she just looked at me with a blank stare, "so he's willing to fix all this- Lennon cover your ears, shit going on?" I laughed and nodded my head. "Well then duh, talk to him!" Paige said and Christian agreed, "I will after his qualifying, don't wanna ruin his chance of winning."

We hung up then Christian left me in the trailer but he wouldn't let me leave because 'I didn't look well' even though I felt perfectly fine. There were footsteps in the trailer and I looked up from my phone, alerted. Someone peeked their head around the corner and gave me a smile, "your dad gave me a little talk..." Haiden mentioned Christian and I rolled my eyes as he sat down across from me but leaned forward and put a hand in my thigh as we began to talk this whole problem out.

   Turns out Haiden just needed to clear his head for the night and he isn't very good at speaking his feelings without sounding rude and pushing people away, a.k.a. what he did to me. But we both promised each other this won't happen again and we will talk instead of fight or ignore each other next time.

So Haiden gave me a kiss then he held me for a few moments in his arms before he had to leave me for his first round of qualifying, he told me he was going to do good because we had made up and I laughed while following him back to Yamaha to get Christian and Jagger and tell them the good news.

***