eighteen.

"Luckily nothing is broken," the guy paused, "but your knee is extremely bruised and it will be sore for the next week." He said and I heard Haiden sigh but I felt a wave of relief knowing he was going to be fine and didn't need surgery or anything big. "So can I race or not?" Haiden asked with an attitude and Brian frowned as the medical guy continued, "well if you feel comfortable by next weekend then you can but you would need to rest until the day before Seattle..." he explained then put a bag of ice on Haiden's knee.

"Plus if you're walking, you need to use these." The guy handed over a pair of crutches and I held my laugh in as Haiden glared towards his dad, "you're going to want to sit out this race and the next one Haid." Brian added as his son slowly nodded then looked down at his knee that was already bruising.

"Okay Haiden you are good to go." Haiden quickly got up from the table after taking a few Advil and I helped him outside with his crutches while Brian stayed and talked for awhile with the medical people.

Haiden didn't say one word to me as we walked back to the Yamaha trailer, he sat on the couch inside and stared at the floor while I sat at the table and just scrolled through Instagram. Supercross live had posted something and it was the replay of Haiden's incident except I had to look away because you could watch his knee get ran over which made my stomach completely flip upside down.

I looked over at a Haiden to make sure he was okay and he was still in the same position, staring at the floor. I knew he wasn't himself right now but I didn't want to talk and make him even more pissed off so I went back to playing on my phone...

Christian: how's Haiden, you hear any updates?

Me: well he's pissed of and won't talk right now...he's
got crutches until next weekend and then he's cleared
to race at Seattle except Brian won't let him.

Christian: oh shit that's not good. Bring him over
here and I'll talk to him as the 450s are lining up

Me: okay lemme try to convince him to put on a smile

   "Haiden?" I asked and he looked over at me with red eyes, "woah what's wrong?" He shook his head then disagreed after I asked him to come along. "There's going to be fans everywhere asking what happened." "So?" He shook his head again. "I'm not going out there Presley." Haiden said in a tone I had never heard before and it caused me to jump in fear which he noticed. "Presley-" "why don't you tell me what's going on instead of being a bitch about it?" "You're not the one stuck walking with crutches for the next week." Haiden glared and I stopped myself before overreacting. "It's one week, you will survive. Now I am going down the the track because Christian was asking about you- you can stay or go with me." I said and prayed that he would want to go but I was wrong. "You go without me." He mumbled and I left.

I was thinking about everything on the walk down to the track, I looked over and saw the 450s gate had just dropped but I wasn't really excited anymore. Is this Haiden and I's second fight already?

"Presley!" Jagger said and I snapped back to reality, "hey bud, sorry but Haiden won't come out here." I explained to Christian who frowned then watched the rest of the 450 race ahead of us. "Don't blame this on you- Haiden told me earlier he wasn't feeling like his normal self after qualifying..." Christian put an arm around me and I felt another wave of relief when he stopped hugging me. "Thanks I needed a reminder."

***