twenty.

Haiden's pov:

I had already gotten a bunch of hate from my parents for breaking up with Presley but I didn't care- she blamed all the problems on herself then wanted me to comfort her so I didn't know what to do anymore.

Plus with the injury, she's one less thing to worry about...

   The next morning we were all packed up and we of course were in the elevator with the Craig's and Presley. She wouldn't look up from the floor but she walked in front of me and I could tell her eyes were swollen from crying which made me feel bad but again- she's not my problem to deal with anymore.

   "Haiden you broke that girl's heart." My mom frowned as we got to the airport and I annoyingly rolled my eyes, "why don't you tell her that- I don't have any fucks left to give about her." "Cut your shit out." My dad said in a tone and used his bag to hit me, he seemed disappointed when he looked me in the eyes. I was cold towards both of my parents and I decided to sit by Hudson on the plane because I didn't want to hear any more about my decisions and my relationships.

***

We made it back to our house and my dad dropped my bags on the floor as I used my crutches to get upstairs then I laid on my bed for awhile. I went on Instagram to see that Presley still had all her pictures of us up on her account and the highlight of me was still there, I went to my page and paused but continued to delete the highlight of her then went though my posts to make sure none of them had her in it.

My mom came in my room with a big brown box that had my name written on the top, "here." She said quietly then left the room while I stared at the box because I recognized that handwriting... I stared at the box on the floor then moved it with my crutch to the corner of my room with other random things and let it sit there and hoped to forget about it as I began to unpack all my bags.

   There wasn't much I could do with a bruised knee so I went downstairs to find something to do. My mom was making dinner while Hudson was sitting on the couch watching tv, but neither of them acknowledged me so I rolled my eyes and walked out back.

I sat on a spare bike mount and looked at the track as if someone was riding it, I got the sweats just thinking about recovery and if I'll still be good out there or even have a chance at the championship anymore- I figured the championship was out of reach because everyone is so close within points...

The back door slammed and I looked up to see Christian walking towards me with his elbow still wrapped up. "Figured you were out here." He joked while stopping in front of me, I nodded then looked down at my knee. "You did it." Christian added and I wiped the sweat off my forehead, "huh?" "You broke her heart- she hasn't came out of her room since we got back and I can't tell you the last time she ate anything." He explained, "I don't really need to hear it from you too, my parents already lectured me..." "I know." "Then why are you here?" I asked and he shrugged. "Came to see how you were doing, clearly not well."

"I'm perfectly fine." I corrected him and he laughed, "I'm serious."

"So what's recovery look like?" Christian asked while changing the subject and I shrugged, "not racing this upcoming weekend either." I explained and he frowned. "You gonna get on the bike this week?" "If my dad let's me- we aren't really getting along right now, actually none of us are getting along well..." I added.

I was drenched in sweat and Christian realized, "well I'm gonna go home and let you get cooled off, let me know if you need anything." He said and I nodded while walking inside then going upstairs to shower.

***
Presley's pov:

I took a nap after hours of crying because I decided to clean my room and get rid of everything that was Haiden's or he gave me. There was a big brown box in the corner of my room so I ended up throwing everything in there then wrote 'Haiden' one last time on the top of the box. I quietly opened my bedroom door then slid the heavy box out in the hallway then quietly closed it again and cried a little more.

There was some noise downstairs and I opened my door to go down there but I saw the box was gone and my heart sank even more. Now everything really is gone of him... I heard more laughter down there but stopped myself because I didn't want to ruin the family's fun so I ended up going back to isolating and slept for a while longer.

I woke up and looked around the room to see it was not morning yet...I took my blanket off because I was sweating and drank some water to cool off but that wasn't helping very much. My water bottle was completely empty so I got up and walked over to my bathroom but the lights were off so I couldn't see. "Aww fuck!" I yelled as I ran into the door frame then made it to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to see the right side of my face was red from just getting hit but my eyes were puffy from crying and I looked like a complete mess. Wow this boy really did break my heart... I thought then went back to sleep.

***