Chapter 2

"Guys, come down, dinner is ready," a woman in her 40s calls from the bottom of the stairs. "Yes mom, we're coming," one of the boys shouts.

Yoongi and Jungkook run down the stairs and walk to the dining room. Their parents Min Jung-hoon and Min Haneul are already waiting for them there. "Hello darlings," Haneul says, smiling. "Enjoy your meal and after dinner we have something we would like to discuss with both of you."

Yoongi and Jungkook look at their parents questioningly, but receive no response and shrug their shoulders. They put food on their plates and start eating.

Yoongi, at 25 years old the eldest son of the family, is a quiet boy with a cold look. He is a hard worker and enjoys helping his father in his business. In their greenhouses they grow different types of flowers for sale throughout the country. Jungkook is 23 years old and is the youngest son. He helps his mother in the flower shop, where they make various bouquets and sell them to the residents of Daegu and sometimes beyond. He also takes care of the administration of the flower company together with his mother. The biggest customers are the various palaces in Daegu and the surrounding area, although unfortunately they have never had the opportunity to meet anyone from a palace.

Yoongi and Jungkook both went to school in Daegu, majoring in management and business economics. But they also both have other interests. Particularly in music. Yoongi enjoys writing and composing his own music. He loves rap and can also rap well. Jungkook can sing very well and with the help of Yoongi he is learning to write his own music. They performed a lot at school during various shows and festivals and always received enthusiastic comments from students and teachers. Both their parents are also very enthusiastic about their music qualities, but because they cannot afford to hire staff, the boys were forced to focus on business and not on their music.

Yet they didn't mind that very much, they love their parents very much and they also really enjoy working in the flower company. And when there are festivals in the city in the summer, the organizers know where to find the boys and they are asked to do a performance, so that in addition to their daily work they can also enjoy a little bit of celebrity in music.

Furthermore, on weekends when they are free, they go out with their group of friends and visit the various clubs and bars in their town. This does not go unnoticed and they are often surrounded by handsome girls and boys. But Yoongi usually brushes it off, he's still a virgin and has never kissed anyone on the lips. He wants to save this until he meets the one who makes his heart beat faster, that special someone. Yes, he may have that cold look, but inside he is as soft as anything. Jungkook and his mother love to tease him about it, but he doesn't care.

Jungkook is different. He enjoys the attention of the girls and boys around him and has already had a few relationships. Girl or boy, he doesn't care, if it feels right at that moment, he will continue. Usually just kissing, but occasionally he ended up in bed with someone and was able to experience various sexual acts. Yet they are mainly one night stands. He hasn't met that real special someone yet.

After they finish eating, they clear the table together and Yoongi and Jungkook take care of washing the plates and everything. When they are ready, they sit at the table with their parents and wait for what is to come.

"Guys," Haneul begins, "you know that all men between the ages of 18 and 28 have to go to military service. That means your time has also come. You will go together and use the companion system. Then you can always rely on each other."

The boys look at her in shock. "But what about the company," says Yoongi. "And with the store," Jungkook adds. "Don't worry guys," says Jung-Hoon, "we have found someone who wants to continue your work for the next year and a half."

"But dad," Yoongi asks softly, "we can't afford to hire anyone anyway. How is it possible that someone else suddenly comes to work for us?

"Don't worry son," Jung-Hoon says lovingly. "This young man is from Busan and is happy just to have shelter, food and water. He doesn't ask for more."

Haneul continues, "In Busan Kingdom it is very normal to be there for each other in these kinds of circumstances. The king, queen and their sons are very close to their people and often resolve these types of issues together. We experience this less, but that does not mean that we will not be there for each other."

"I asked several customers in our store if they knew anyone who could help us in the near future and last week this gentleman suddenly appeared in our store with this offer and we accepted it," says Haneul, smiling.

"So in other words, there is nothing to stop you from doing your military service," says Jung-Hoon, looking proudly at his sons. The boys stand up and hug their father and mother.

"When should we start?" Jungkook asks. "Next month," says Jung-Hoon. "We will be notified in a few weeks what the exact date will be."

"Well Kookie, then we should go shopping," Yoongi says with a smile and a wink at Jungkook.

Oh yes, guys," Haneul says quickly. "It might also be good to do some fitness in the coming month to generate some more muscle strength. You will really need this there."

Yoongi groans. Jungkook laughs and claps his brother on the shoulder. "Yes hyung, I will take you to the gym tomorrow so we can get started."

The boys each walk to their bedroom in their own thoughts. Yoongi lies down on his bed. He feels a bit insecure, not sure what to expect from military service. He has never looked into it before. Of course he has heard friends talk about it within his group of friends, but he never listened very carefully. Fortunately, his brother is near him and he likes that. He hopes that he will end up in a nice group, then this time will be over soon.

He is also happy that his parents have found someone who wants to help in the business, so at least he and Jungkook don't have to worry about it.

He looks at his phone and sees that it is still early in the evening. He decides to inspect his wardrobe and make a list of what he still needs, so that they can take it with them from the city.

Jungkook is in his room doing the exact same thing. His entire wardrobe is spread out on his bed and the floor. He starts sorting what he wants to take with him and what can be put back in the cupboard, while writing down what else he needs.

When they are both done, they seek each other out to continue working on their music together. "Hyung, I understand from Taemin that in the army they have show nights where you can show what you can do. Maybe there are more boys in the group who can make music or sing," Jungkook says enthusiastically.

"We'll just have to wait and see," Yoongi says, smiling at his eager brother. "I do know one thing and that is that I will be happy when this is over." Jungkook looks at his brother and knows he feels a bit insecure. He bends over and gives his brother a hug. "It's going to be okay hyung, it's going to be okay."