Chapter 9

Yoongi was waiting on the stairs of the theater. He's a bit nervous, he feels sad. Jimin ignored him all day and he was bummed that he couldn't be there for Jimin after the obstacle course. He was even a little jealous that Woozi was also in the final five and he could talk to Jimin. Yoongi doesn't know what he's going through, he's never felt anything like this for anyone before. Is this what they call "falling in love", he asks himself.

"Hee hyung" and Yoongi snaps out of his thoughts. "Hey Jimin, please come sit," Yoongi says, looking up at Jimin. The youngster looks tired and his eyes look sad.

"I wanted to talk to you, especially after last night," Yoongi begins, looking at Jimin hopefully. Jimin nods and Yoongi continues. "I was very disappointed last night that Soobin suddenly sat next to me, because I thought you were walking behind me and that we would be sitting next to each other. That boy is driving me crazy and he won't leave me alone. Every time I think I can do something quietly with you and then suddenly he is next to me again. And no matter what I say, it's like he can't hear, he just doesn't listen," Yoongi says, sighing as he runs his hands through his hair.

"Jimin," Yoongi says softly and looks at Jimin. Jimin looks back, waiting to hear what Yoongi is going to say. "I don't want to argue with you, but I notice that it gets between us and I don't want that. I like you, very much and I really want to get to know you better. I hope you want that too." Yoongi blushes and looks at his shoes, he finds it difficult to talk about his feelings and he feels so insecure now, partly because he doesn't know how Jimin thinks about him.

He feels a hand on his arm and he looks to his side. Jimin looks at him and says softly "Yoongi, I like you a lot too and I was really disappointed yesterday. I really wanted to watch the movie with you, but I knew Soobin wasn't going to leave anyway, so I left it that way. I'm not mad at you, I didn't have my day today. I miss my parents and Halmeoni and that's why the obstacle course didn't go well."

"I would also like to get to know you better and maybe it is possible to visit each other in each other's hometowns and do fun things together. And maybe Jungkook and Taehuyng like that too, because I think they like each other a lot too," Jimin says with a wink.

Yoongi laughs, he's happy that Jimin likes him too and he feels the butterflies in his stomach. "Let's try to ignore Soobin, maybe he will stop," he says.

Suddenly they hear the booming voice of instructor Jung across the grounds. "Inspection," he shouts very loudly. "Make sure you are at your wardrobe within five minutes."

Here and there across the grounds, soldiers run towards the dormitory. Yoongi and Jimin also quickly run back to the dorm and stand by their wardrobe. One by one, the doors of the wardrobes are opened and inspected to see if everything is tidy.

When he arrives at the four boys' closets, instructor Jung first opens Yoongi and Jungkook's closet. Everything neatly in order. Then Taehuyng and Jimin's closet and Jimin's clothes fall out. "Whose clothes are these?" asks instructor Jung. "From me sir," Jimin says with a serious face, although Yoongi can see the fear in his eyes. Yoongi is surprised, this is not something you would expect from Jimin, he always tidies everything up very neatly and thinks that someone has rummaged through his closet, knowing that there would be an inspection and he has such a suspicion who is behind this.

"Grab your empty backpack and wait outside," says instructor Jung sternly. "Yes sir," Jimin says, grabs his backpack and walks outside. The inspection continues. Most of the cupboards are neatly tidy and a few need to go outside, just like Jimin. Among them, including Woozi. As he walks past the other three boys, they see the surprised expression on his face.

Outside they are neatly lined up, waiting for instructor Jung. "As far as it was not yet clear in recent months, the intention is that you keep your cupboards neatly in order. Discipline is required for this and anyone who cannot demonstrate this will be punished. You will be given weight in your backpack and then you can run the course we previously ran three times."

"Is this understood?" asks the instructor and the boy simultaneously shouts "Yes sir". The weight is put in the backpacks and the boys are taken to the start of the course and start running.

Jimin is in his own thoughts, he doesn't understand anything. He always keeps his closet super neat and tidy and now suddenly his closet is a mess. His closet has been rummaged through, but by whom. When he thinks back to Woozi's words, he already knows who and he sighs. Why does that Soobin have to be so annoying, why can't he leave them alone.

Woozi runs next to him. "Are you okay Jimin?" he asks and looks sideways at Jimin. "Yes it's going well. And with you," Jimin asks, "your closet has also been turned upside down."

"Yes, unfortunately, and I also know by whom," says Woozi while looking at Jimin meaningfully. "Yes, after the conversation this morning I know who is behind this," Jimin says angrily. "Why can't he just leave me alone," Jimin asks as they continue running side by side.

In the meantime, things aren't getting any more cozy in the dormitory. Yoongi is angry. Angry at Soobin, but he can't prove it that he's the one who messed with Jimin's wardrobe. "Hey Yoongi," he suddenly hears next to him and when he looks up he sees Soobin's smug face. "Were your closets in order?" he asks, but Yoongi decides to ignore him and walks out of the dormitory, towards the gym, where Jungkook and Taehuyng are training. He doesn't want to be alone with Soobin, he doesn't trust him one bit. Soobin watches with a grin on his face. He achieved his goal today and got rid of Jimin and Woozi and had a clear path to Yoongi. Time to determine his strategy with Yoongi, he thinks.

Later that evening, when everyone has finished their three rounds, Jimin lies tired on his bed. He looks to the side at Yoongi, who is already sleeping and when he looks up, he sees that Jungkook is already asleep too.

"Taehuyng," he whispers softly and suddenly Taehuyng's face appears over the edge of the top bunk. "Yes Jimin, what is it," Taehuyng asks. "I want to chat with you for a moment," Jimin whispers and Taehuyng lowers himself very quietly and squats down next to Jimin's bed.

"Taehuyng, is there anything we can do to teach that self-righteous jellyfish a lesson," Jimin asks Taehuyng. "I know from Woozi that he has a crush on Yoongi and is doing everything he can to get me out of the way so he can go after Yoongi. He is completely obsessed with Yoongi and doesn't want to stop. Of course my condition is only getting better, after all those punishments I've had, but I don't think this is good for how they will remember me here." Jimin sighs, "Appa and Eomma must be disappointed in me when they hear all this." There are tears in his eyes.

"Don't cry Jimin," Taehuyng whispers and gives his brother an encouraging hug. "It will all be fine, because one day he will make a mistake and he will be punished, we will just take care of that. We know you're not like that at all and judging by Woozi's face, he was also very surprised that his closet was a mess, so Soobin also wants to get rid of him so that there are as few people with Yoongi as possible. But we'll keep an eye on him Jimin, we know he means a lot to you," Taehuyng says and he gives Jimin a wink. Jimin blushes and pushes Taehuyng's arm. Taehuyng smiles. "Go to sleep Jimin, tomorrow is a new day," he says and gently climbs back up.

Jimin sighs and looks sideways at Yoongi again. "Good night hyung," he whispers softly and closes his eyes.