Chapter 15

It is evening and dark. Most soldiers lie on their beds chatting with other soldiers or reading a book or checking their phone. Taehyung and Jungkook are walking from the gym to the dorm when they see Soobin walking to another dorm. Jungkook signals to Taehyung to be quiet and they decide to go after Soobin. What was he going to do at this late hour?

They follow him until they arrive at the dormitory of the higher ranking soldiers. He walks along the building to the back and then turns around the corner, disappearing from view. Taehyung and Jungkook also walk to the back, but when they carefully look around the corner they see no one anymore.

Jungkook looks around and sees an army truck and signals to Taehyung to walk there. They hide behind the army truck and then wait to see what will happen. They still have an hour before they have to be inside.

Time is ticking by and they only have fifteen minutes left. Suddenly a door opens at the back and Soobin comes out. They hear him talking to another person, but they can't see who. Soobin thanks the person and walks quickly to the dorm. The other soldier has closed the door again and Taehyung and Jungkook also walk back to the dormitory, where they arrive just in time. Before they go inside, they agree not to tell Yoongi and Jimin about this for the time being, because they don't actually know what is going on.

The following weeks are mainly devoted to training for the practice fight. The soldiers have already been divided into four groups and the groups are expected to get to know each other better and to learn about each other's strengths and weaknesses. They notice that they can be a strong team together, when they use the qualities of everyone. Jimin is very patient and can make himself very small, allowing him to sneak past guards unnoticed. Jungkook is very strong and can go into battle very well. Yoongi also notices that the fitness has put him in better physical condition and that it has given him more stamina. Taehyung is especially good at shooting. He can hold his gun very steady and land his bullet exactly where he wants it. The other soldiers complement them well and this creates perfect cooperation.

After a long day of training and taking classes, the boys fall onto their beds tired. "Oh my," Jungkook says. "I'm exhausted and we haven't even had the practice fight yet." Yoongi groans. "I hope they don't suddenly show up at our door tonight and we have an exercise, I don't think I can handle that anymore." Jimin laughs at the two brothers' comments, he is tired too. "I'm going to take a shower," Jimin says and looks for some clean clothes and shower supplies. "Should I come with you, Minnie?" Yoongi asks, but Jimin shakes his head. "I'm just going to take a shower, I'll be back soon," he says and walks away.

As he walks down the path to the showers, he gets an uneasy feeling. He looks around, but sees nothing or no one and continues walking. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Soobin walks next to him. "So Jimin, out all alone," Soobin grins and Jimin's hair stands on end. He doesn't feel safe and knows he can't trust Soobin. He tries to stay calm and tries not to make Soobin feel like Jimin doesn't feel safe.

"Oh hi Soobin, I didn't see you, what are you doing here," Jimin asks innocently. "I saw you walking and thought I'd have a chat with Jimin," Soobin says while grinning.

Jimin wants to walk into the building with the laundry room, but Soobin pulls him behind the building, where they can't be seen by anyone. Jimin is shocked, but again tries not to show it. "Hey, what are you doing?" Jimin shouts and Soobin slams him against the building with his back and places both hands next to Jimin's head. "I want to talk to you about Yoongi, because you kinda like touching him a lot and I don't like that. Yoongi is mine and you have to stay out of it, is that understood," orders Soobin.

"And if I don't, then what," Jimin bluffs. Soobin looks at him angrily, "you better pay attention to what I'm going to do to you. He makes a gun with his fingers and holds it to Jimin's head. He pretends to put a bullet through Jimin's head and Jimin is shocked. "You know I can report you to instructor Jung for threatening me," says Jimin, trying to remain calm. "You can do that, but they won't believe you, my word against yours," says Soobin, grinning. "So be warned, stay away from Yoongi" and with these words Soobin walks away.

Jimin decides to quickly walk to the laundry room and quickly stands in one of the shower stalls. He lets the warm water fall over him and thinks about what to do. He's not afraid of Soobin. He knows that he is always followed by a guard and that would not have been any different now. Soobin has no idea who he is dealing with and how he is getting himself into trouble.

He decides to let the conversation go and just continue hanging out with Yoongi, especially now that they have the practice fight soon and he doesn't want to cause unrest within the group. He cares a lot about Yoongi and wants to be near him. Just a few more months, then the next leave will be. Who knows, he might invite Yoongi to come to Busan and enjoy each other undisturbed at his Halmeoni in the backyard.

He sighs. He turns off the shower tap, grabs his towel and dries himself off. The others will wonder where he is and he quickly gets dressed. When he comes outside, Taehyung and Jungkook are already waiting for him. "We thought you were already gone, but we heard the shower running, so we waited for you," Taehyung says. Jimin nods and the three of them walk back to the dorm.

As he walks to his bed, he meets Soobin's eyes, which look at him intently. He decides to ignore him and sits on his bed and looks at Yoongi. A smile appears on his face as he looks at his hyung lying on his bed with his eyes closed. "Take a picture, so you can enjoy it longer," Yoongi suddenly says and Jimin's face turns red. He hears Taehyung and Jungkook laughing above him and he blushes even harder. "Hyung," he says shyly and looks at the ground and Yoongi looks at him with a smile.

Suddenly the door slams open. "Inspection," calls Instructor Jung, who is followed by a number of other soldiers. Everyone quickly gets up from their beds and salutes. Inspector Jung checks all the wardrobes and when he is done he walks back to the entrance of the dormitory. "Everything is fine, soldiers, I like to see that," he says sternly.

"I advise you to go to sleep on time, I expect you at the practice field at seven o'clock tomorrow morning. It will be a tough day and a lot of endurance is expected of you. For me it is also a day on which I can see how the team building is going and what still needs to be worked on." Instructor Jung salutes, turns and walks out of the dormitory.

Jimin sighs. He's tired and Soobin's threats have done more to him than he thought. "Are you okay?" Yoongi asks as he sits down next to Jimin. "Yes, I'm fine," says Jimin. "I'm tired and I hope I can keep it up. I'm worried about the practice fight, even though I know we have a good team and everyone is doing their best. You will just see that I do something that puts our entire team in danger," Jimin sighs uncertainly.

"No, Jimin, that's not going to happen," Yoongi says comfortingly. "I know you well enough now to know that you are always precise and think carefully before you do something. Just look at the laser tag where you shot me. I understand that you were the one who kept telling everyone what the plan was going to be and that's why you were able to take the flag." Yoongi takes Jimin's hand and Jimin looks at him. Those beautiful eyes radiate peace and look at him lovingly. "I have every confidence in you Minnie and I'm sure everything will turn out fine," Yoongi says and squeezes his hand reassuringly, unaware of a pair of angry eyes watching them.