Chapter 21

In the following weeks there will be another field training. With the army trucks they go back to the location where they were last time.

When they arrive, they get out and go to the dorm to put down their things. From there they go to the classroom, where Professor Kim is already waiting for them. Today's lesson is about preparations for tomorrow's field training and everyone is listening attentively.

After class it is time for dinner and after dinner everyone still has time to do something for themselves. Yoongi would like to go for a walk with Jimin again, but he sees that Jimin is talking to Woozi and they are having the most fun together. He sighs, he misses Jimin and is jealous of Woozi, who now gets all his attention. He decides to go for a walk himself and walks to the place where they sat together last time. He sits with his back against a tree and looks out over the lake in front of him.

Meanwhile, Jimin is busy talking to Woozi. "I don't want to pry, but has something happened between you and Yoongi," Woozi begins cautiously. "I hardly see you together anymore, it seems like you're arguing." Jimin looks at him "no, we're not arguing. I also enjoy interacting with and getting to know other soldiers," Jimin answers. Of course he can't explain what's really going on and Jimin feels guilty for lying to everyone.

"Hey Jimin," he suddenly hears behind him and he turns around. There are Taehuyng and Jungkook. "Come and sit down," Jimin says as he makes room on the bed. "No thank you, we're actually looking for Yoongi, we thought he might be with you," Jungkook says and Jimin gives him a surprised look. "No, I haven't seen him here at all," Jimin says. "Maybe he's out there somewhere," Woozi says. He did see Yoongi walk away, he also saw him look sadly in their direction, but he didn't let Jimin notice. Something isn't right between the two, but he can't put his finger on it yet. Could it have something to do with Soobin, who is still between the two and wants Jimin out of the way. He doesn't know and Jimin doesn't make him any wiser either.

Taehuyng and Jungkook decide to go outside to continue looking for Yoongi. Once they're gone, he notices Jimin staring sadly into space. Woozi shakes his arm and Jimin looks at him. "Are you okay?" Woozi asks and Jimin nods and smiles. "Yes, sorry, I was just thinking. Shall we play a game of cards?" Jimin asks and Woozi nods. He searches in his bag until he finds the Uno game and starts shuffling the cards.

Yoongi is now on his way back from camp and meets Taehuyng and Jungkook halfway. "Are you okay hyung?" the boys ask and Yoongi nods. "I just went for a walk, wanted to clear my head." Taehuyng and Jungkook look at him "we thought for a moment that Soobin had got you, but luckily that's not the case." Yoongi laughs, "luckily no. I can't say I've seen him anywhere either. Do you?" Yoongi asks. "No, we haven't seen him either, I have no idea what he is up to," Jungkook says. "Let's go to the canteen, I'm thirsty," Yoongi says and the three of them walk to the canteen.

When the three of them are sitting at the table, the door opens and Soobin walks in. "Oh hi Yoongi, how are you," he asks. He grabs a chair and sits next to Yoongi, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Just then the door opens again and Woozi and Jimin enter. Jimin sees the arm around Yoongi's shoulder and turns around and walks out again. Yoongi sees what happens and punches Soobin's arm away. "Keep your hands off me," he growls at Soobin and walks out the door behind Jimin. He looks to see if he sees Jimin anywhere, but wherever he looks he sees no one walking. Suddenly he hears sniffing behind one of the army trucks and he walks towards it. There he sees Jimin sitting in the grass. His legs are pulled against his chest with his arms around them and his forehead rests on his knees. He squats down next to him and puts his hand on Jimin's shoulder. "Jimin looks up and is surprised to see Yoongi in front of him. "Don't you have to go to your boyfriend hyung," he says, sobbing and bows his head down again.

Yoongi sighs. "He's not my boyfriend Minnie, you know that," Yoongi says. "I have no idea anymore Hyung, he hangs around you so much that you have already forgotten about me," Jimin says, sobbing. "Oh and you have to say that, what about you and Woozi," Yoongi asks, starting to get a little angry. "Since our last leave, you spend a lot of time with him, but not with me anymore. Have I done something wrong to you, Minnie, because then you just tell me and I will stay away from you." Yoongi gets up, turns around and wants to walk away, he doesn't feel like doing this at all.

He feels Jimin grab his wrist "please stay," he pleads and Yoongi turns back to Jimin. "Sorry hyung, I didn't mean to make you angry. I think I'm a little jealous of the fact that Soobin keeps revolving around you. I can't stand it anymore and that's why I started hanging out with Woozi a bit more. Woozi and I are only friends and I am not attracted to him".

Yoongi sits next to Jimin and puts his arm around him. "Oh Minnie, I so wish Soobin didn't exist. That boy irritates me to no end, but he keeps coming back, until he drives you and me apart, and he succeeds, because just look where it has led to. Don't let yourself get to know Minnie, because that's what he's after. The only one I have my eyes on is you, let that be clear. Trust me Minnie," Yoongi says. He turns Jimin to face him and they look deeply into each other's eyes. Yoongi leans in and places a soft kiss on Jimin's lips. It is a magical moment that is disrupted by a number of soldiers coming out of the canteen. "Come Minnie, let's go to the dormitory. We will have to leave early tomorrow," Yoongi says and pulls Jimin up. He gives Jimin a quick kiss on the lips and then they walk together to the dormitory.

The next morning they are woken up early again and everyone is ready for the dormitory at seven o'clock. Instructor Jung explains what the intention is. "We will soon arrive at a field, which you will all enter individually. People appear left and right and it is up to you to take out the bad guys by shooting them. So the trick is not to shoot too quickly, because you might accidentally shoot an innocent civilian, but don't wait too long, because the bad guys can shoot back." Instructor Jung looks at the group "clearly so far for everyone", he asks and the group all shouts back at the same time "yes sir".

"Okay, we'll take everyone's time and the five slowest will have to prepare lunch for all of us as punishment."

Everyone is focused and every five minutes someone enters the field to run the course. Jimin is alert, he loves this. He has his gun ready and walks through the course. It's pretty clear to see who the bad guys are and you can't help but laugh when a photo of Yoongi suddenly appears. On the other side of the field he arrives at the finish and feels like he has done reasonably well.

Yoongi is already waiting for him and Jimin looks at him with a grin. "I suddenly saw you there in the field, I just barely managed to stop myself from shooting," Jimin teases and Yoongi looks at him indignantly. "Yah, I was shocked when I suddenly saw myself and Jimin is doubled over laughing at his facial expression.

It takes a while before everyone gets through the course and everyone has to laugh at the fact that they bumped into themselves or their teammate. Jungkook and Taehuyng also laugh at Yoongi's photo and Yoongi laughs along with a sour face.

When everyone is inside, instructor Jung announces who the final five are. To everyone's surprise, Soobin is also one of the last five and has to go with the other four in the army truck to provide lunch. "I think he was drooling over your photo for too long," Jungkook says laughing to his brother and Taehuyng and Jimin laugh out loud at Jungkook's comment. Before Yoongi can even respond, Instructor Jung calls the remaining soldiers together and they walk back to camp, where they are met by the five soldiers who helped the team in the kitchen.