Chapter 16

It's very early in the morning. The sun starts to make its way up and the birds start their day with their most beautiful song. The camp is still quiet and the soldiers are still sleeping in their beds. But not for long.

A loud banging on the door wakes them up and when the door slams open and instructor Jung walks in with the loud announcement that they are expected at the entrance in half an hour, it doesn't take long before everyone is standing next to their bed to to get dressed and have breakfast.

Half an hour later everyone is lined up at the entrance. "Okay, soldiers," instructor Jung begins, "today is the practice battle we have been training for in recent weeks. You are divided into four groups and you will soon leave with your own group to the area where we will hold the fight."

"You are fighting a group of highly trained soldiers who pose as the enemy and have taken innocent people hostage. It is up to you to ensure that you eliminate the enemy and free those who are held hostage. There are cameras scattered throughout the field, showing us on the monitors how things are going. You sit in your own room per group and can watch on a screen how the other groups perform. Know that the situation changes per group, so there is no point in using the same strategy."

"When your group is ready, you can come to us and we will briefly discuss what went well and what didn't and then you go back to your own room. It's a practice fight for a reason, so that means you can learn from it. We hope, of course, that every group will succeed in freeing the people. If that doesn't work, don't grumble at each other, but try to evaluate with your group what went well and what could be improved next time. Are there any questions"?

"Yes sir," Jungkook says, "how do you know when you've been hit by a bullet"? Instructor Jung looks at him. "Good question," he says. "When you are hit, the dummy bullet emits a red color and you know that you are finished."

"Any further questions," he asks, but everyone remains silent.

"Okay, then I propose that each group sits in an army truck and then we go to the field." The soldiers salute and walk together to the army trucks. After a short ride they arrive at the field and when they get out, they are taken to a building where there are several rooms. Instructor Jung shows them where to report after the battle and indicates which room they can enter for each group.

"As you can see, there is plenty of material to camouflage yourself and make use of it. You have half an hour and then we will start," instructor Jung gives as a final instruction and then he leaves the soldiers alone.

Yoongi groans and Jimin looks at him worriedly. "Are you okay hyung?" he asks and walks towards Yoongi. He notices that Yoongi is nervous. He takes Yoongi's hand and squeezes it encouragingly. "Breathe hyung, don't worry too much. We will first camouflage and then we can discuss with each other who has what task in the field. Hopefully we are not the first and we can use the images on the screen to see what the field looks like and determine a strategy," says Jimin and Yoongi looks at him gratefully. Glad he doesn't have to explain anything and that Jimin immediately understands what's going on.

After half an hour, the screen hanging on the wall suddenly turns on and a map appears on the screen with an overview of the field where they have to go next. The soldiers sit down and suddenly they hear Instructor Jung's voice through the speakers.

"Soldiers, we are going to begin. If all went well, you should now see the map of the area in which the battle will take place. This map will remain visible in the top corner of the screen, so that you can discuss with each other how you are going to position yourself and which route you plan to take. I wish you all the best of luck and will now switch the view to the field, where the first group is now ready to start." The group looks at each other and takes a deep breath. Let the battle begin!