Chapter 6

The first two months fly by and the four boys get to know each other better. They talk about their youth, their school years and their work. Yoongi talks about the greenhouses with flowers that they grow and Jungkook talks about the store and the many orders from other villages and cities.

"Maybe there is a flower shop in Busan that will buy flowers from us," Jungkook says while looking at Taehuyng. "Hmm," says Taehuyng, "that might be a good idea. Maybe you should approach the florists when you get back home." Taehuyng looks at Jimin, who gives him a nod that goes unnoticed by Yoongi and Jungkook.

Taehuyng talks about his CEO life. He and Jimin have made up a story around their personalities, they simply cannot tell that they live in a palace and that they are both princes. That could be dangerous. So Taehuyng talks about his office life at 'Park International' and Jimin talks about his social work in Busan and the many people he tries to help with their problems.

Jimin finds it difficult, he would rather not lie to others, but he sees no other choice. But he does find it difficult, especially because he notices that he is attracted to Yoongi. He likes that Yoongi acts cold, while underneath all those cold layers he is a gentle boy who is insecure about his performance in the lessons they receive here. He thinks Yoongi is handsome with his beautiful cat eyes and his gummy smile that makes his face shine. He notices that Yoongi is also looking at him regularly and that makes him feel uncomfortable. What if someone notices and starts bullying him about it or what if they find out he likes boys then he might have to get out of the army.

Yoongi has the same dilemma, because he has certainly noticed how Jimin looks at him and he feels attracted to Jimin. That beautiful eye smile of his where his eyes disappear, his beautiful plump lips that he would like to kiss. But that's not possible, not here in the army, that's inappropriate.

They also get enough lessons in a week. For example, they have lessons in history and management and business operations. Of course, they already have the necessary experience with this, so these lessons are not very difficult for them.

In addition, they also have a lot of military training such as thinking and acting, survival techniques, shooting and map reading. These trainings are especially important for when they are going to have field training.

And then there's that damn obstacle course. And let it be on the program again today.

It is seven o'clock in the morning when there is a bang on the dormitory door and loud shouts for them to get up. Jungkook jumps out of bed and wakes Yoongi up. Yoongi moans, he was still so comfortable. Next to him, Taehuyng is also out of bed and ensures that Jimin also wakes up. Yoongi looks at Jimin, who is leaning on his left elbow and rubbing his eyes with his right hand. "Cute," he thinks and jumps out of bed. "Come on Jimin," Taehuyng shouts and Jimin looks at him angrily. "Don't forget to put on your sports outfit because we have sports after breakfast.

The boys freshen up and get dressed quickly and head to the cafeteria. When breakfast is finished, they clear their table and walk to the training field and line up neatly. Instructor Jung stands in front of them and commands "pay attention" and everyone neatly places their hand next to their head with their arm bent at ninety degrees. When instructor Jung puts his hand down again, the rest of the group does the same. Everyone keeps looking straight ahead and listens to what the instructor has to say.

"Today we are going to do the obstacle course. It is the first time we are doing this and I want to go through the course with you so that everyone knows what to do," says the instructor stern. "Just come along," he says and everyone follows behind him. When they arrive at the track, they all line up neatly again and listen attentively to the instructor's explanation, while another instructor demonstrates it.

"First you start with the chain ladder. You climb up and then you climb over it to go back down on the other side. Then the walking wires, you jump over them to the other side. Then you come to a large sandbox with a cloth over it, which you crawl under until you reach the other side.

You continue across the balance beams to the next beams where you climb over the highest beam and go under the lower beam to the ford where you jump from pawn to pawn without touching the sand.

You go through the sewer pipes to the other side and jump over the ditch to the jumping board. Here you grab the rope and then walk up. At the end of the board, hang off and jump down.

With the sloping horizontal rack you climb up the beams. You walk over the beams on top of the rack and at the end you hang down and jump off again. At the Irish table, swing yourself around the table with your stomach and hang down on the other side and jump off again. Then you climb the storm wall and jump off on the other side. You enter the tank ditch and on the other side you climb out again by pulling yourself up. Finally, there are the jumping ditches that you have to jump over."

"Are there any questions," says instructor Jung, looking at the boys, but no one says anything. "Alright then let's start, two by two you will go onto the track. We clock everyone's time, the slowest five do an additional fifty push-ups."

The group walks in pairs to the start of the obstacle course. Yoongi stands next to Jungkook and Jungkook looks at him with a smile. "Are you okay hyung?" he asks and Yoongi looks at him. "I don't think I can walk after this," he groans and Jimin bursts out laughing. "Oh hyung, I don't think I'll be much better off, maybe even worse. At least you still exercise, I don't. So I'm getting ready for the fifty extra push-ups," says Jimin.

The whistle blows and the first two boys start. They are both evenly matched and arrive at about the same time. Then the next two go and so it goes on and on until it's Jungkook and Yoongi's turn. "Good luck," Jimin says and the whistle sounds again. Jungkook is going like a rocket and Yoongi is also able to keep it up and stays close to Jungkook. He thinks, he's glad he listened and went to the gym. At the end they are told their times and they know that at least they are not among the last. They walk back along the track to watch Taehuyng and Jimin, who have also started. Taehuyng is ahead and can do it fairly easily. Jimin tries to keep up, but like he said himself, he's not an athlete and that makes it all a bit more difficult. Still, he doesn't give up and eventually arrives at the finish completely devastated, where they are both met by Yoongi and Jungkook.

Jimin drops to the grass and tries to control his breathing. Yoongi crouches down next to him and hands him a bottle of water. He lets Jimin sit against his knee and lets him drink some water. In the meantime, he makes sure Jimin uses proper breathing to catch his breath. After a while, Jimin calms down and takes a few more sips of water. "Thanks hyung," he says and they look at each other. The moment is interrupted by instructor Jung. "Okay soldiers, that didn't look that bad. Please know that we will be doing this job every week. It is good for your fitness and is also a good strength exercise. I would like to have the five slowest ones here and he lists five names, including Jimin's. Fifty push-ups please and maybe in the meantime you can think about whether it might be useful to work on your fitness in the gym, because I could see that it was still lacking."

Jimin sighs, looks at Yoongi briefly and walks forward to do his push-ups. Meanwhile, Yoongi thinks that maybe he can train at the gym with Jimin so that they can support each other in this. Who knows, they might get to know each other even better.