Chapter 20

It is now the end of December and the holidays are approaching. Jimin, Woozi and a few other soldiers are busy putting up the Christmas decorations in the canteen. This is the second time that they have to miss Christmas with their friends and family and just like last year, they have decided to do some kind of Christmas celebration again with all the soldiers of their group. It was a pleasant celebration, where they ate together and sang songs together in the evening.

The past two months have been tough for Jimin's team. In addition to their own training with their own instructor, they also had to train with the higher trained soldiers for the new training battle scheduled in two months.

Jimin likes it, they are now learning even more techniques on how to trap and eliminate the opponent. He notices that he is also becoming less nervous and more confident in the field. What he likes even more is that the more intensive training has made him faster on the obstacle course, which has meant that he no longer ended up in the last five. He even had to laugh that Soobin was one of the final five and Soobin did not appreciate that. It earned another threat from him, but Jimin doesn't care. He knows he is stronger than Soobin.

What he still finds very annoying is that Soobin is still following Yoongi. He knows he can trust Yoongi and that Yoongi doesn't like it at all and hopes that Soobin will disappear one day, but Soobin remains steadfast.

Soobin knows very well that Jimin doesn't like this, but he also knows that Yoongi doesn't like him and that makes him jealous. That jealousy has made him decide that if he can't have Yoongi, then Jimin has no right to have him either and that he has to get rid of Jimin, because he simply can't bear to see Yoongi and Jimin having so much fun together. He is not crazy, he can also see that these two are in love with each other. But if it were up to him, that won't happen.

Over the past year he has become friends with Chan, one of the more highly trained soldiers. The higher trained soldiers sometimes have to go out for assistance at larger events or when important people visit the country and for this they train with real bullets.

Soobin has been to their dormitory regularly and knows that the soldiers have a set of real bullets in their closet in case they suddenly have to go to training.

That's where Soobin's idea came about to unknowingly steal a number of real bullets to use during the practice fight to take out Jimin. He hid them well in his closet so that they would not be noticed during an inspection. In two months, Jimin will be out of the way and the way will finally be clear for him to meet Yoongi.

Yoongi is completely oblivious to Soobin's thoughts. But he is irritated to no end by him, but by ignoring him he notices that Soobin soon leaves him alone. Yet he still doesn't have a good feeling about that boy and he is sure that he is up to something and that they should keep an eye on him.

He looks at Jimin, who is standing on top of a ladder and taking one of the decorations from Woozi. He feels that jealousy again, he can't help it. He would have loved to help Jimin, but Jimin insisted on doing this together with Woozi.

After the last leave, they have not been able to speak to each other in private much because of Soobin and he thinks that is a shame. He has the feeling that he is losing Jimin, that when the entire military service is over, the contact will fade away and he doesn't want that. He is completely hopelessly in love with him and can no longer live without him.

The cafeteria door opens and Taehuyng and Jungkook enter. Taehuyng waves at Yoongi and walks to Jimin. Jungkook walks over to Yoongi and takes a seat next to him. "Hi hyung, how are you?" Jungkook asks. "I'm doing well," Yoongi says, but Jungkook can tell he's lying. "Okay, now an answer without lies," Jungkook says and Yoongi looks at him. Jungkook sees the sadness in his eyes. "Tell me hyung," Jungkook says, "I feel like you're not doing well. You know you can say anything to me."

Yoongi sighs. "I don't know Kookie," Yoongi says. "Since we got back from our leave, I haven't spoken properly to Jimin once, I miss him. I know, we are busy now, because we have to train in two teams and because of that stuff with Soobin we see each other less. He hangs out with Woozi a lot now when we have free time...it's driving me crazy, I can't take it anymore," Yoongi sighs. "It sounds like you're jealous hyung," Jungkook teases.

They look at the three in front of them, who are busy untying the string of lights, and have the most fun while doing so. Jungkook laughs too and Taehuyng looks up and winks at him.

"Hyung, the only thing I can advise is to talk to him sometime. About how you feel now and that you regret that you meet so little. Hopefully you will get clarity," says Jungkook. Yoongi nods and hopes he gets that chance one day.

Suddenly the door opens and instructor Jung enters. "Inspection in the dormitory, be there within five minutes," he shouts and then walks away. The boys run to the dormitory where they stand by their beds, waiting for instructor Jung.

Yoongi looks ahead and looks into Jimin's beautiful eyes. Jimin looks back with a soft look and smiles. Suddenly Yoongi is distracted by a movement he sees out of the corner of his left eye. It is Soobin, whom he sees quickly closing the door of his wardrobe. That's against the rules, but before he can say anything, the dormitory door opens and Instructor Jung enters.

He inspects all the wardrobes and is satisfied when he sees that everything is in order. "Okay soldiers, everything is okay. You can continue with what you were doing," he says and walks out of the dormitory.

Woozi comes to Jimin and together they walk back to the cafeteria to finish their work. Yoongi signals to Jungkook and Taehuyng that he wants to talk to them for a moment and they wait until everyone has left the dorm. "What is it?" Jungkook asks and Yoongi tells him what he just saw and finds it suspicious. "It's like he's hiding something in his wardrobe and he had to quickly hide it or something," Yoongi says.

"It remains suspicious," Jungkook says, "but of course we can't do much with this. All we can do is keep an eye on him. I think he still goes to the dormitory of the higher trained soldiers. Maybe we can ask during training whether the other soldiers have ever seen him there and who he mainly hangs out with."

Taehuyng stands up and asks "I'm going to exercise some more, will you come with me?" Jungkook also gets up and takes his gym bag from his closet and fills it with clothes and a towel. "Yes, I'm coming too," he says. "And you Yoongi," Taehuyng asks.

Yoongi shakes his head. "No, you guys go ahead, I'll stay here," he says as he lies on his back on his bed. Taehuyng and Jungkook look at each other and decide to go. "See you later hyung."

Yoongi sighs. He thinks of Jimin and a tear escapes from his left eye. He misses him and he doesn't know what's going on. The uncertainty increases again and several tears now roll down his cheeks. He turns over and tries to block out his thoughts and take a nap.

And that's how Jimin sees him when he comes back to the dorm. He sees Yoongi's dried tears and he feels guilty. He knows it's because of him. He actually saw Yoongi sitting in the cafeteria, but he has to keep his distance. He likes Yoongi very much, but as long as he cannot be honest with Yoongi about his origins, Jimin himself thinks Yoongi is not meant for him. And that hurts him a lot, but it's only four months before he can finally tell him who he is. Hopefully it's not too late.