Chapter 8

Weeks pass and Yoongi and Jimin grow closer, much to the dismay of Soobin, who wants Yoongi for himself. Tonight is movie night and he has made a plan to drive the couple apart. "Woozi," he calls to his friend. "You know what you have to do tonight, don't you?" he asks for the umpteenth time. "Yes Soobin, I know what to do," Woozi sighs. "I don't understand why you don't just let those two sit next to each other. "I don't even understand what you're doing, because here in the army you can't start a romance and you don't even know if Yoongi will fall in love with you."

"There is only one way to find out and that is to hang out with him more, but then Jimin has to stay away from him and that is your job," Soobin says angrily. Woozi sighs again and walks to the bathroom to freshen up a bit.

After dinner, Yoongi, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehuyng walk to the theater where the movie is showing. It is a comedy action film and the boys are ready for an outing. Just before they walk into the hall, Soobin and Woozi join the group and Soobin makes sure he is standing close to Yoongi. They walk into the room and choose a row of chairs to sit on. Yoongi is in front and thought Jimin was behind him. When he sits down, he suddenly sees Soobin next to him, looking at him with a smile. Yoongi looks further and sees Jimin's disappointed face and feels disappointment himself. Jimin takes a seat next to Taehuyng, who is sitting next to Jungkook and Woozi sits next to Jimin.

It is busy in the room, everyone was ready for some fun and after a few minutes it gets dark in the room and the film starts. Jimin slumps, the evening has already been ruined for him. He would have loved to sit next to Yoongi and, if he had dared, take his hand. He likes Yoongi, he's funny and he always knows how to cheer him up when things don't always go the way they should. He enjoys going to the gym with his hyung, encouraging each other to lift more weight. To chat together and encourage each other during training. He sighs and looks ahead at the movie. He doesn't feel like watching anymore, he actually just wants to go to the dormitory to dive into bed and lie under his covers. He feels someone grab his hand and looks to the side. Taehuyng looks at him with a comforting look. He feels his hand squeezed encouragingly and he smiles back at Taehuyng before looking back at the screen.

Meanwhile, a fight is brewing between Yoongi and Soobin. Soobin felt completely in his element. He had managed to get between Yoongi and Jimin and sit next to Yoongi. When the movie started he grabbed Yoongi's hand, but Yoongi doesn't like it and slaps his hand away. After a while he tries again and puts his hand on Yoongi's leg and again Yoongi slaps the hand away. Jungkook, who is sitting next to Soobin, looks to his side and sees his brother's displeasure. He taps Soobin and signals him to be quiet and Soobin looks at him angrily. Yoongi is happy that his brother intervenes, but knows that the evening is not over yet and he is disappointed. He had wanted to sit next to Jimin. Wanted to experience the first movie night with him, but now they are far apart.

When the movie is over, the group decides to go to the dorm. Soobin puts an arm around Yoongi and Jimin sees this and walks forward disappointed. He would prefer to sit with Halmeoni in the garden to gather his thoughts and ask Halmeoni for advice. He doesn't know what to do and decides to take off his shoes and lie under his covers, hoping that he will fall asleep quickly and a new day will come.

Yoongi is completely fed up with Soobin and aggressively pushes him away. "Keep your hands off me," he shouts at Soobin, who looks at him with a smile. "You can be so aggressive, but secretly you like me," Soobin says to Yoongi, making Yoongi even angrier. "Maybe in your fantasy world, but not in real life. I think you're an annoying jellyfish. Please leave me alone and don't come near me again," he says angrily and follows his brother and Taehuyng into the dormitory. There he sees Jimin already lying on his bed. "Good night Jimin," Yoongi says, like he does every night, but he doesn't get an answer this time. He feels sad and decides to talk to him the next day. He brushes his teeth and also lies down on the bed and eventually falls asleep.

The next morning they have to get up early again. A new round of the obstacle course is scheduled and everyone appears at breakfast in their sports uniform. Soobin happily joins the group and doesn't notice that everyone is glaring at him. Jimin sits quietly staring at his breakfast, taking a bite every now and then. Yoongi looks at him with a warm gaze, but is ignored by Jimin and he feels the tears welling up. Meanwhile, Soobin sits next to him and chats about everything. "Please shut your mouth and leave us alone," Yoongi tells him angrily and he starts eating his breakfast. The atmosphere is not what it normally is and Jungkook and Taehuyng look at each other. Woozi watches it from a distance and decides to eat his breakfast too, he can't do anything about it. Soobin doesn't listen to him anyway.

After breakfast they go to the obstacle course and start again two by two. Jimin isn't feeling well and he's not succeeding at all today. Taehuyng has already arrived when Jimin comes trudging over for a few minutes. Which results in him being in the last five and having to do the dreaded push-ups again. The rest of the group go to the dormitory to freshen up for their teacher Namjoon's lessons.

Jimin struggles through his last push-ups and is happy when it's over. "Jimin-ah, are you okay," instructor Jung asks worriedly. "Yes sir," Jimin says and salutes. "Alright soldier, you can go, take care of yourself," Instructor Jung says and Jimin turns to walk to the dormitory. Woozi walks next to him. "Are you okay?" he asks and Jimin looks at him. "I would like to apologize for Soobin's behavior," Woozi continues. "He seems to be completely obsessed with Yoongi and is convinced that Yoongi will fall in love with him too," Woozi sighs. "He is crazy, since I was in the army with him, I got to know him from a completely different side. Watch out for him Jimin and don't hang your head, when I look at you two, I'm sure Yoongi has feelings for you and certainly not for Soobin, so don't give up," Woozi says softly and Jimin looks at him gratefully. "Thank you Woozi, I'm glad I now know what's going on. Welcome to our group, I hope we can become friends," Jimin says with a smile.

Together they quickly walk to the dormitory to change clothes and freshen up a bit. Then they quickly walk to the classroom to join the rest. Jimin quickly sits down next to Taehuyng. "Are you okay?" Taehuyng asks and Jimin nods. Namjoon walks into the classroom and class is about to start. Jimin quickly looks at Yoongi and he catches his eye. Yoongi winks at him and Jimin quickly looks away, blushing. Yoongi smiles and is happy that Jimin doesn't seem mad at him anymore.

Today they have a history lesson and discuss the various wars the world has known. Yoongi can't wrap his mind around it and decides to write a note to Jimin. He folds it a few times and nudges Jungkook, handing the note to him. "It's for Jimin," he whispers softly and Jungkook nods.

Junkook looks at the teacher and sees that his back is to the class. That gives him time to pass the note to Taehuyng, who is sitting diagonally behind him. He hands over the note and points to Jimin, who is looking at him questioningly. Taehuyng quickly passes the note to Jimin.

Jimin takes the note and looks at the teacher in front of the class. He doesn't notice anything and continues writing down the various wars on the whiteboard. He gently unfolds the note, reads what it says and smiles.

"Meet me at the theater after dinner"

Yoongi